Gibson Brands Forums

I'm employed!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

I have an exciting new job. I will be continuing the theme of the last decade and be sales/marketing. I hope I've found a middle ground. I didn't like being self employed in this industry. Too exposed and not enough people hours to take on bigger jobs. I didn't like working for a big PLC either. Not into being a number with stakeholders who don't even know who I am. Now I'm working for a small, young company with big ideas and a modern approach to people. The AI/machine learning sector excites me and the more traditional engineering of the prototyping side of the business is very cool.

It's a risk, with a 12 week contract on offer for now and a permanent job if it works out. Expectations are high and I might not achieve the goals completely in 12 weeks but I've decided to go for it. Now's the time for taking risks. I'm unemployed anyway!

Yeah, that was quick.. Good job man...

And id say like what im doing, if not now then its never going to happen... Go for it big time man [thumbup] Being in a young company at the early stages is great.. Ive done it a couple of times the work is hard and a lot will probably be expected from you BUT if the company has a hit you will be well sorted.

Archived