Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

brad1

Just got this the other day. It's a Bugera V22HD Infinium head. It's 22 watts, two channels. Comes with foot switch which has two switches;one for channel and one for reverb off/on.

This amp sounds great!! I even like the distortion on the gain channel. It also has an FX loop.

And it's only $320 new. I got mine for $276 because it had a minor blemish (which I still have not been able to find).

I was so impressed with the amp that I got the 1x 12 cabinet as well. It also sounds terrific.

This head also has two individual inputs; one is labeled "normal" and the other one "bright". Normal sounds better with single coil, and bright better with humbuckers.

It has 5 tubes; Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, Power Tubes: 2 x EL84.

It has a great vintage look to it and I really think I have found an amp that I will use a lot.

And what makes it even better is that is cost less than most of my other amps I own.

If you get a chance to try one out, do it. I highly recommend it! [thumbup]

llll.jpg

Bugera amps are often criticised as being "lower than the low" but this is grossly unfair. It is true they are not wired "point to point" in the way of handmade amps and are consequently not in the same league but they can sound good and can play good.

Reliability has been raised as an issue but if it works for three months then it will likely work long term.

Sweet. I love the 2 EL84 config. [thumbup]

Thanks!

Killer Price. 22 Watts is tres loud.

That's why I got it. I figured if it didn't sound that good I wouldn't be losing that much. And it is quite loud.

Bugera amps are often criticised as being "lower than the low" but this is grossly unfair. It is true they are not wired "point to point" in the way of handmade amps and are consequently not in the same league but they can sound good and can play good.

Reliability has been raised as an issue but if it works for three months then it will likely work long term.

Yes, I had heard similar things regarding their reputation.So I was a little weary. But after reading so many 5 star reviews, and finding the blemished model for such a great price I figured it wasn't too much of a risk. And I was curious about all those positive reviews.

Two weeks in and everything is still working good.

I'll let you know if anything changes in 2 1/2 months. :)

Archived