Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody other than the Rev. do anything fun for St. Valentine's Day?

pippy

Catching up with the forum today I see that the Rev. has scored a(nother) righteous Beauty to add to his Harem.

It's school half-term hereabouts so we've been trying to find things to do to keep our daughter entertained. Yesterday we all popped over to France for a bit of fun. Usual stuff; walks along the promenade, bit of 'history' viewing the remains of WWII gun emplacements, some truly excellent lunchtime nose-bag - with the Fizz appropraite for the occasion - and a supermarket sweep to replenish our severely depleted stock of victuals(*).

Anyone else do much?

Pip.

EDIT : * I'd post a snap of the latter but I don't want to cause rct any unnecessary anguish.......msp_laugh.gif......

JJ's from Euro Tubes. I set the bias at about 75mv. I have a set on the way for my Blues Jr.The Jr is fixed bias so I don't need to mess with it. Not like it was tough to put a meter on a test point and tweek a potentiometer.

yep, I set my own bias as well. I like dealing with Eurotubes.

My Valentine since 1977 and I went to dinner. Rob Roy for me and a Scotch Old Fashioned for her, two glasses of champagne each with dinner, a Graham's 20 Year Tawny for me and a Delaforce 20 Year for Mrs for desert. Grilled Apples and Brie for Mrs appetizer, seared scallop on risotto for me. Both had the mixed greens salad. Seafood Cakes for Mrs and a Crab Cake and Filet for me for dinner. Artuero Fuente Cubanito for a night cap. Made plans for retirement which is coming soon. Drank to whatever the fukk happened in Florida and the awful pain of seeing these things happen.

Made plans to get to GC this weekend, they have a stracaster I'd like to see and it's President's Day.

rct

Same deal mate. Scored a root, drove up the Goldy, quicky down from Coolangatta to Tullamarine, cracked a coupla tinnies and she's good mate [thumbup]

Hm. Yes. I see.........

And for those of us who don't have the Queen's English as a first language all that means?......

Pip.

Same deal mate. Scored a root, drove up the Goldy, quicky down from Coolangatta to Tullamarine, cracked a coupla tinnies and she's good mate [thumbup]

I know all these words, but put together in that context.... haven't a clue what it all means..! LOL

Guest Farnsbarns

Ah, yes, it was valentine's Day. I killed off that little thorn about 12 years ago by getting married. Really enjoyed my wedding anniversary on the 14th of Feb though.

Valentines Day of 2013 was spent in Yellowstone as per my plan. Dinner at the Snow Lodge, one of the absolute most romantic things we've ever done. Sat out on the boardwalk there behind the big hotel at 1am, -16 Fahrenheit, multiple feet of snow on the ground. It was just surreal.

Suffice it to say Valentines Day is hard for me to beat.

rct

....It's school half-term hereabouts....

Heck, I had work the last day of my normal 3-day work week. Had to sit through a 2-hour staff meeting so the boss could figure out all the crap he had to do.

At about 10:30 I told him I had to go snipe a bid on an ebay auction. He seemed excited - "Oh, right, go ahead!" When I came back in, he asked, "Well, did you get it?" Yep. I was surprised because the bidding was low and I got an incredible deal! He asked "What did you get?" A Martin 12-string. Everyone was overly impressed, though it's really a kind of mid-level Martin Performing Artist Series GPC12PA4. I've had a 6-string GPCPA4 and was impressed with the quality and finish, but wasn't wild about the tone, so sold it. I'm expecting the 12-string version should be more to my taste. And it's still got the plastic on the pickguard. Here's hoping it makes it here undamaged....

s-l500.jpg

...At about 10:30 I told him I had to go snipe a bid on an ebay auction. He seemed excited - "Oh, right, go ahead!" When I came back in, he asked, "Well, did you get it?" Yep.......Everyone was overly impressed...

Count me amongst their number, Cougar! Nice Score!

Cool that your boss is happy for these things to be allowed - encouraged, even - as well!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I sent her flowers at work. She sent me flowers at work. We gave each other cards and candy at home. I cooked spaghetti for dinner, since she drives an hour home from work, cleaned the dishes and stuff afterwards and enjoyed the evening together watching TV. We're actually going out to celebrate on Saturday at Pat's Steak House in Louisville, KY. They have the best steak in the area and their lima beans are amazing. It'll be accompanied with a couple of drinks as well. It's a fine dining restaurant, and we've gone there a few times to celebrate Valentine's or our anniversary. It's our favorite place to eat, so far.

3 hrs keep-fit (walk, swimming, exercise bike).

Drove 29 miles to Reading in the dark and p-ing rain for jazz group rehearsal (gig next month).

The fun part was that it was a very good session.....

Hm. Yes. I see.........

And for those of us who don't have the Queen's English as a first language all that means?......

Pip.

Ah, right. In approximate Pip-speak:

I too had an enjoyable day good sir. Post delighting in the close physical company of my beloved wife, I travelled by automobile to the Gold Coast, from where I contracted one of Sir Branson's fleet to swiftly convey me to Melbourne - approximate of local Paris, whereupon (it being a warm and lazy late summer's afternoon) I partook in a brace of chilled brewed beverages imported from the wilds of Tasmania. This I found to be a pleasant experience old friend.

I too had an enjoyable day good sir. Post delighting in the close physical company of my beloved wife, I travelled by automobile to the Gold Coast, from where I contracted one of Sir Branson's fleet to swiftly convey me to Melbourne - approximate of local Paris, whereupon (it being a warm and lazy late summer's afternoon) I partook in a brace of chilled brewed beverages imported from the wilds of Tasmania. This I found to be a pleasant experience old friend.

Fair Dinkum!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

lol I hope you make it out my way some time matey

1518699459[/url]' post='1917132']

was our 21st wedding anniversary. went out to our favorite Italian restaurant. had Linguine with white clam sauce. couple beers.

Happy Anniversary to you Karloff, sorry I'm late as I wasn't on here last couple of days. Debbie and I went to Spaghetti Works in Ralston and had a great lunch before we had to babysit the Grandkids.

Guest Farnsbarns

was our 21st wedding anniversary. went out to our favorite Italian restaurant. had Linguine with white clam sauce. couple beers.

Two of us who not only combined anniversaries with valentine's but also ensured a reminder mechanism provided for us by the likes of Hallmark and Clinton's.

Happy Anniversary to you Karloff, sorry I'm late as I wasn't on here last couple of days. Debbie and I went to Spaghetti Works in Ralston and had a great lunch before we had to babysit the Grandkids.

Thank you Sir !

Two of us who not only combined anniversaries with valentine's but also ensured a reminder mechanism provided for us by the likes of Hallmark and Clinton's.

Yes ! much easier to remember. kill 2 birds with one stone. but then my wifes Birthday is in a week, so theres more $$

Archived