Gibson Brands Forums

Big lists in signatures

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

Sorry people but this trend of putting big lists in signatures is too much of a pain. When I'm using my phone and 90% of vertical real estate is signatures it does my head in. I cannot believe that anyone has ever read through one of those lists with any interest at all.

I'm afraid I'm starting the process of setting everyone with a big list to ignore so that I don't have to scroll past their signature lists. If I feel like expanding their post I can.

If you have a big list in your signature but would like to ensure I've seen something please PM me so I know.

Guest Farnsbarns

I've selected something like 'don't show signatures' in my preferences box so I never see all that stuff.

Can't remember exactly where it is but I'll have a look for you and get back to you.

Pip.

Aha! Didn't know that. I'll do that instead.

msp_confused.gif

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Gibson ES 339 Memphis

Gretsch 2655 Streamliner

Fender American Standard Stratocaster

Fender 60s Baja Telecaster

Fender 12 String Acoustic

Fender Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue

Hofner Limited Edition Ed Sullivan Ignition Violin Bass

Seagull Excursion Grand Acoustic

How do you like your 339? I had one and it was fantastic!

I must confess,

Since I don't do any internet browsing on my phone at all (no social media, no web forums), and I visit this site on my home computer alone, the large lists really don't matter much one way or the other to me.

At work, to the topic anyway, I have admonished everyone who works for me, "When passing information onto the bosses via your email, and knowing full well that they'll be checking those emails on their Blackberry or iPhone, PLEASE remove your signatures." The boss doesn't need to scroll and scroll just to get the full picture of all the give and take of a given email exchange.

It's the difference between THIS:

Saturday, 17 February 2018

Subject: Fwd: Operating hours

Hey boss man, just wanted to let you know that we have answered Mr Smith's concerns, and all is well. (See email below)

Katie

-------

Original message

Friday, 16 February 2018

Subject: Operating hours

Dear sir or ma'am,

I am writing to complain about your company's operating hours.

I really wish that you would open up at 6:00 am and close at 9:00 pm instead of maintaining these ridiculous banker's hours.

Thank you,

George Smith

Senior Field Rep

Flowbie Groom Products, LLC

(235) 987-2376

...and this

Saturday, 17 February 2018

Subject: Fwd: Operating hours

Hey boss man,

just wanted to let you know that we have answered Mr Smith's concerns, and all is well. (See email below)

Katie

v/r,

Katherine Goodbody-Gonzaga

Assistant Director

DFR Outlets North America

2365 Racketeer Blvd NE

Shanksville, MS 38976

(346) 876-0912 Office

(346) 876-0999 Fax

Email: jagonzaga@DFR.com

-------

Original message

Friday, 16 February 2018

Subject: Operating hours

Dear sir or ma'am,

I am writing to complain about your company's operating hours.

I really wish that you would open up at 6:00 am and close at 9:00 pm instead of maintaining these ridiculous banker's hours.

Thank you,

George Smith

Senior Field Rep

Flowbie Groom Products, LLC

(235) 987-2376

Some folks feel compelled to list not just "Kyser capos" But Kyser capo, red Kyser capo, black. Kyser capo, US red, white & blue. Kyser capo, broken Out for repairs Kyser capo, reliced. Then, on to the Shubbs. Possibly they don't realize they can use a spreadsheet app to maintain their inventory lists.

Some folks feel compelled to list not just "Kyser capos" But Kyser capo, red Kyser capo, black. Kyser capo, US red, white & blue. Kyser capo, broken Out for repairs Kyser capo, reliced. Then, on to the Shubbs. Possibly they don't realize they can use a spreadsheet app to maintain their inventory lists.

Shiny Shubb, not so shiny Shubb, brass Shubb, Big Shubb for the fat necks...

... and can't forget the old vintage stretchy ones that never get used but really deserve a spot in the sig file.

• 1 month later...

Archived