Gibson Brands Forums

Big lists in signatures

Guest Farnsbarns

Signatures help me tell you lot apart. Half of you have LP pictures, two of you have Frankenstein's monster jamming... jeez. I need sigs. I do however, like to keep them short.

Well now, though I agree about losing (or shortening) sigs, and I HAVE complied, I think there is a worse problem.

While we all like pictures, people who quote posts without removing the pictures are really slowing down my laptop (its a pretty fast core i7). With a list of pictures its even worse. This is far more of a scrolling problem than the sigs IMO.

Here's test picture to tempt the abusers

Supercar-Gerry-Anderson-Rare-Pilots-Licence-With-Pin.jpg

Well now, though I agree about losing (or shortening) sigs, and I HAVE complied, I think there is a worse problem.

While we all like pictures, people who quote posts without removing the pictures are really slowing down my laptop (its a pretty fast core i7). With a list of pictures its even worse. This is far more of a scrolling problem than the sigs IMO.

Here's test picture to tempt the abusers

I used to love Supercar! A Gerry Anderson show from my childhood; one year we went to the Wembley Ice show and there it was!! I was so excited!

The other one was Fireball XL5.

Four Feather Falls and Thunderbirds (probably his finest series) were also good but didn't get to me in the same way.

Envious of the Supercar badge and Pilot's Licence!

I used to love Supercar! A Gerry Anderson show from my childhood; one year we went to the Wembley Ice show and there it was!! I was so excited!

The other one was Fireball XL5.

Four Feather Falls and Thunderbirds (probably his finest series) were also good but didn't get to me in the same way.

Fireball XL-5 was truly superb but I loved Stingray!

Troy Tempest and 'Phones backed up by the beguiling Marina....Aqua Marinahhh........

Pip.

EDIT : Are we going slightly off-topic?....

Signatures help me tell you lot apart. Half of you have LP pictures, two of you have Frankenstein's monster jamming... jeez. I need sigs. I do however, like to keep them short.

Not to get too technical, but one is actually Herman Munster. msp_biggrin.gif

Not to get too technical, but one is actually Herman Munster. msp_biggrin.gif

the-more-you-know.png

Seriously though, the Munster were just a little before my time. (twenty odd years is just a little, right?)

• 1 month later...

Archived