Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi Hendrix Both Sides of the Sky

Rabs

They seem to have released some tracks from the new album..

https://jimihendrix.lnk.to/bothsides!mb

The first single from the album Both Sides of the Sky, the new Jimi Hendrix album coming March 9, 2018. Both Sides Of The Sky is the final volume in a trilogy of albums (with 2010’s Valleys of Neptune and 2013’s People, Hell and Angels) intended to present the best and most significant unissued studio recordings remaining in Jimi Hendrix’s archive. The album features appearances by Stephen Stills, Johnny Winter, and Lonnie Youngblood and includes 10 studio tracks that have never seen release. It will be available on CD, digital, and as a numbered 180-gram audiophile vinyl 2LP.

I am really getting old I guess, but seems like I don't enjoy listening to 7 minute jam songs like I used to. Don't get me wrong I thought Hendrix was pretty much like no other player, but I sort of got the feeling listening to these that I understood why they went in the can instead of on the albums that were being produced at the time.

It's Hendrix alright, and it's stuff that wasn't previously released so people will want to hear it, but I just didn't think it was at the same level as the material that was on his past albums.

I am really getting old I guess, but seems like I don't enjoy listening to 7 minute jam songs like I used to. Don't get me wrong I thought Hendrix was pretty much like no other player, but I sort of got the feeling listening to these that I understood why they went in the can instead of on the albums that were being produced at the time.

It's Hendrix alright, and it's stuff that wasn't previously released so people will want to hear it, but I just didn't think it was at the same level as the material that was on his past albums.

Oh I totally agree.. These last few albums have been very much scraping the barrel...

Only for the completest but even the die hard fans I think are getting a bit bored with it all.

What always amazes me though is just how much work he left behind in just the few years he was famous.. Total workaholic. They say these are unheard versions but really they sort of all start to sound the same in the end anyway.

When I first heard about this album I didn't expect much and so far.. whatever whatever.... Some of it is sort of interesting from the historical side as in who he played and worked with but not much else.

Archived