Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson financial problems ?

Run

Don't mind Hogeye, JC, he fancies himself the Grand Poo-Bah of all things Gibson. He's the Bozeman Blow-Hard. But, you've been around here long enough to know that. I know I have.

JG,

Thanks.

It's great to see you here .

I hope you are enjoying the hell out of your martins!

Take Care!!

JC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay they have about $525 million coming up in unsecured notes but, they have over a Billion in yearly sales. The only way those notes do not get refinanced is if some hedge fund is trying to buy the company and is pressuring the banks and lending companies not to do lend so they (hedge fund)can pick it up and part it out for profits. I do not know what their profits are. There is that. The problem I see is that Gibson is putting out many cheap versions of their guitars and are losing the cache' that belonged to the Gibson brand. When you can pick up one for $500 why would you pay $5000 and some people see it as an insult that their expensive guitars look just like the cheaper ones (me included, when I bought my Silverburst because they were no longer going to produce Silverbursts but have made them almost every year since and Epiphone came out with one the very next year!) I hope they stop fiddling with gadgets and go back to R & D on electronics and improve those switches! And work on what Gibson does best....build great guitars, that is what made the brand and will save the company. Folks will always dig up the money for a good guitar.

j

Speaking of switches...it is ridiculous to have to replace them on a brand new guitar but, I do not trust them at all. I have purchased new Gibsons and I immediately replace all of the switches and pots; even the push-pull pots because I do not trust them and I can not afford to have my guitar die on me in the middle of a set. FIX THIS ISSUE GIBSON!!!!!! Your pick-ups are great, you tuners are great, your strings are great, your craftsmanship is (was) great, your woods are great, your finishes are great, why the fudge are you using cheap pots and switches?

j

Archived