Gibson Brands Forums

New amp day

Guitar God

Got a new amp today. [biggrin] It's a Marshall JCM 2000 full stack. Been wanting a JCM 2000 for such a long time. Sounds really great! It was a Craigslist find and I met the guy at Guitar Center for the transaction. All in working order and sounds great! The top A cab is a JCM 900 cab and the bottom B cab is a regular 1960 B cab. Got it for a steal. Not only have I been wanting a JCM 2000 for such a long time, this was too great of a deal to pass up. No joke, the guy was only asking $1,000 for the whole setup! The Guitar Center I went to today and a used JCM 2000 head like the one I just got for $650 and a brand new Marshall 1960 A cab for $950 - just to say how good of a deal this was, haha. Anyway, here's a picture. Off to do some more playing. [thumbup]

gqdyoPt.jpg

Ohhhh Sweet....

When I was in a band that's the model I used to play through in the rehearsal studio.. Wasn't a double stack like that but its a sweet sweet Marshall.. Good score [thumbup]

Nice! [thumbup] I've wanted one for such a long time. They're great! Was the one you were using yours?

Nice! [thumbup] I've wanted one for such a long time. They're great! Was the one you were using yours?

Sadly no but it was there every week for rehersal.. I could never afford or really justify such an amp when I could afford it..... But its what I cut my teeth on as such so I will always have great memories of it.

Sadly no but it was there every week for rehersal.. I could never afford or really justify such an amp when I could afford it..... But its what I cut my teeth on as such so I will always have great memories of it.

They're great. You can find them used at fairly good prices. Looked around at the Guitar Center I went to while waiting on the guy with this setup to pick it up and they had a used JCM 2000 for $650.

Very nice. A guy at the local jam night in my town recently picked up a used JCM 2000 with 1960a cab. I keep meaning to go down to try it out. I just ordered a 2555x black Silver Jubilee reissue last Monday and am awaiting delivery as it is on order with Marshall through a store up in Glasgow which then will send it out. I got a 1936 cab to go with it which arrived the other day. I'm rather excited about it! Anyway, your 2000 looks great. Good stuff.

Very nice. A guy at the local jam night in my town recently picked up a used JCM 2000 with 1960a cab. I keep meaning to go down to try it out. I just ordered a 2555x black Silver Jubilee reissue last Monday and am awaiting delivery as it is on order with Marshall through a store up in Glasgow which then will send it out. I got a 1936 cab to go with it which arrived the other day. I'm rather excited about it! Anyway, your 2000 looks great. Good stuff.

Thanks! I've been wanting a JCM 2000 stack for such a long time. Plus, the price was a steal for the full stack. Awesome! I've played the reissue before. I thought it sounded great! I haven't played an original Silver Jubilee, though. Joe Bonamassa has used the JCM 2000 and Silver Jubilee models. Be sure to post pics when you get it! [thumbup]

Well it is awesome. The ultimate.

Hope you try with/without some of those pedals you got and really crank it!

[thumbup]

Thanks! Having it on 2 is cranked on a full stack, haha. [laugh] I'm really enjoying it! I've hooked my DigiTech Hyper Phase pedal through it, but that's the only one I hooked up to it so far.

Thanks! I've been wanting a JCM 2000 stack for such a long time. Plus, the price was a steal for the full stack. Awesome! I've played the reissue before. I thought it sounded great! I haven't played an original Silver Jubilee, though. Joe Bonamassa has used the JCM 2000 and Silver Jubilee models. Be sure to post pics when you get it! [thumbup]

I haven't tried an original Jubilee either, but the reissues do sound great. I haven't posted pictures since Photobucket stopped working, but I will attempt to find a new photo hosting site so I can post pictures when it arrives. Yeah, I heard that about Bonamassa - he has a very nice set up. I know in the demos I've heard the JCM 2000 sounds like a great amp and it's great you got it at such a good price. I know you will enjoy it!

Those are awesome but they act up a lot. When it explodes into a bunch of parts I'll be right here... [biggrin]

Yes, that was the experience of one of my best friends - unfortunately he ended up refusing to take his to gigs as it was so unreliable. He sold it and got one of the SS Orange CR120's (which is a great head). Hopefully GG has more luck with his.

Yeah, I think for $1000.00, I wouldn't have passed that up either. I bought the new Marshall DSL100HR head, and 1960A cabinet and love it. I cranked it a bit over the weekend playing with some friends of mine and it's awesome. I'm using my old Randall as the bottom cabinet and that thing has unbelievable sound. I haven't had a full stack since the 90's and never had a Marshall until recently. It's loud, has that unmistakable sound and sounds wonderful with my new Les Pauls.

Congratulations on your find. That's awesome.

Just kidding, but if it starts randomly jumping channels just let me know before you bring it in. I'll have to call Blue Cross to see what the copay is when I get involuntarily committed. Then I'll have to call Woodbridge (the local looney bin) to see if they have any beds in case you ask "What do you think it is?"

Then I'll have to take my face tic meds so my ears don't start flexing. But everything will be fine... [crying]

I haven't tried an original Jubilee either, but the reissues do sound great. I haven't posted pictures since Photobucket stopped working, but I will attempt to find a new photo hosting site so I can post pictures when it arrives. Yeah, I heard that about Bonamassa - he has a very nice set up. I know in the demos I've heard the JCM 2000 sounds like a great amp and it's great you got it at such a good price. I know you will enjoy it!

I'd like to have a Silver Jubilee. I really liked the reissue. I think you'd like a JCM 2000. Very versatile amp! Haven't played a TSL, though. The Triple Super Leads have A LOT more on it. I'm enjoying it. It's all in working order. Didn't even bother asking the guy why he priced it so cheap because I didn't want him to think about raising the price, haha. nd try imgur. That' what I use.

Those are awesome but they act up a lot. When it explodes into a bunch of parts I'll be right here... [biggrin]

And I'd be getting ahold of you to work on it, hahaha. [flapper] But, seriously. It works great. Met the guy at the Guitar Center in Knoxville since he didn't want to meet at his house. Checked it out there and it works fine and played it when I got home. All is fine. He did say it has Groove tubes in and he said he had it looked over, too.

Yes, that was the experience of one of my best friends - unfortunately he ended up refusing to take his to gigs as it was so unreliable. He sold it and got one of the SS Orange CR120's (which is a great head). Hopefully GG has more luck with his.

Everything is fine with mine. No issues with mine.

I'd have had a hard time passing that one up. Great score,, but who you gonna get to help you carry it all around??

!LOL!

Just one extra cab to haul, haha. [tongue] Casters are a help, haha. The B cab already had casters on it, but the A cab didn't. Had some Ernie Ball casters laying around, so I put those on the A cap last night. The top cab is a JCM 900 Lead 1960 A cab and the B cab is a 1960 B cab and the logo just says 1960 Lead.

Archived