Gibson Brands Forums

Milo?

Digger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was pretty open about the stroke he'd had, and the trouble using his arm so I guess I just attributed his absence to that. He could be "wordy" at times, but always made his point, and more often than not, made you look at things a bit differently, and I mean that in a good way. Like others have said, this sucks and he will most definitely be missed.

I usually interacted with him at the Epi part of this site, so posted there:

Very, very sad, indeed, to hear this. I only check in at this forum sporadically these days - busy with work, life, and sometimes even playing my guitar. I always enjoyed reading Milod's posts, occasionally "got into" it with him because he didn't hold back on his opinions, and, oddly enough, was only searching this forum last week to see if he'd posted lately.

A very clever, reasoned, and learned man, with whom you could have an online discussion (and sometimes a severe disagreement), but from whom you could always learn something during the process, and still always part as friends.

I hope he is at peace and is content, wherever he is now.

And my condolences to his loved ones.

As I said, very sad.

His post were some of the most productive, useful comments on these boards. Always full of knowledge, wisdom, insight and common sense. One of the few members I actually corresponded with via PM over the years.

RIP Milo we're gonna miss you.

Ohh no... That's horrible news.

Milo as mentioned always had a way of talking to people and a kindness and shared his knowledge in such a way that you could only ever admire and respect him...

He will be sorely missed..

R.I.P

I’m sure that Milo would feel honoured by all your thoughtful and sincere comments and your replies are even making me feel better so thank you all so much.

In my great sadness I forgot to thank you for finding out what Milod's status was. It was not what I wanted to hear obviously, but knowing that he passed is something we needed to know & I appreciate you reaching out to his wife for us. As sad as we are I cannot imagine how alone she must feel. Forty three years of marriage tells us there was a great love there. My prayers are with her & their family and close friends. They are the most fortunate ones to have known him so much better than us here. But what little we did know about him - he was a bright and shining light who will be sorely missed..

In my great sadness I forgot to thank you for finding out what Milod's status was. It was not what I wanted to hear obviously, but knowing that he passed is something we needed to know & I appreciate you reaching out to his wife for us. As sad as we are I cannot imagine how alone she must feel. Forty three years of marriage tells us there was a great love there. My prayers are with her & their family and close friends. They are the most fortunate ones to have known him so much better than us here. But what little we did know about him - he was a bright and shining light who will be sorely missed..

For Milo not to reply to my mail told me that there had to be something wrong and its been nagging at me, hence my efforts along the way. to find out what was going on. I wasnt interested in nagging or annoying them but more to offer support if they needed it. I’ve had personal experience of how good vibes and good wishes do help how you feel when you are down.

I reported this this morning because I know that Milo was well! loved and respected by his Gibson family. Its entirely appropriate that you all have a chance to express your thoughts and feelings about a very special person.

Its a shock but at least we know now.

For Milo not to reply to my mail told me that there had to be something wrong and its been nagging at me, hence my efforts along the way. to find out what was going on. I wasnt interested in nagging or annoying them but more to offer support if they needed it. I’ve had personal experience of how good vibes and good wishes do help how you feel when you are down.

I reported this this morning because I know that Milo was well! loved and respected by his Gibson family. Its entirely appropriate that you all have a chance to express your thoughts and feelings about a very special person. Maybe he and Animalfarm are sitting on a porch somewhere doing some pickin’ ?

Its a shock but at least we know now.

Very sad to hear. I really cherish the correspondences that I had with him. He was a wordsmith. I wanted to meet him in the dakota’s. Cancer is bad. Aggressive cancer is worse. He told me he smoked too much. I hope he had a good life. I think (hope) he did.

i received another email from Carla this morning thanking me for my words yesterday and I told her just how highly Milo was held in regard here.

I think the way you have all responded to this awful news does you credit and is entirely appropriate.

Archived