Gibson Brands Forums

Milo?

Digger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1519096213[/url]' post='1918307']

In my great sadness I forgot to thank you for finding out what Milod's status was. It was not what I wanted to hear obviously, but knowing that he passed is something we needed to know & I appreciate you reaching out to his wife for us. As sad as we are I cannot imagine how alone she must feel. Forty three years of marriage tells us there was a great love there. My prayers are with her & their family and close friends. They are the most fortunate ones to have known him so much better than us here. But what little we did know about him - he was a bright and shining light who will be sorely missed..

Amen and well said, that was nagging at me too how Carla was doing. Prayers for her and his family and relatives.

Milod sent me a video version he did of "Nobody Knows You (When You're Down and Out)" back around 2011, but I can't seem to find it. I'll post it if I find it. What a gentle soul!

I was thinking about the videos he posted too. Really good stuff, it would be great to find those

Milod sent me a video version he did of "Nobody Knows You (When You're Down and Out)" back around 2011, but I can't seem to find it...

This raises an interesting point.

Milo sent me PMs which, as my box filled-up, were deleted to make space. I really wish, now, I had archived some of those messages for myself.

Does the "server" at Gibson have EVERYTHING backed-up as an archive or is it more a case of 'once it's gone...it's gone'?

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

This raises an interesting point.

Milo sent me PMs which, as my box filled-up, were deleted to make space. I really wish, now, I had archived some of those messages for myself.

Does the "server" at Gibson have EVERYTHING backed-up as an archive or is it more a case of 'once it's gone...it's gone'?

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

Good question. I tried via Milo's profile to search for his "content" and it states that there's nothing there. Do the Admins automatically delete all of a users posts once it's established he or she is deceased? :(

Good question. I tried via Milo's profile to search for his "content" and it states that there's nothing there. Do the Admins automatically delete all of a users posts once it's established he or she is deceased? :(

It would not surprise me if Milo himself did that. As a professional journalist - or for whatever reason - he may have felt a need to do so as he did not own the copyright.

OTOH he actually did not start that many threads himself, compared to the ones he contributed to.

One of my great forum memories is posting on my 60th birthday (June 2014) and getting birthday wishes from Milo (and many others).

Then there were his condolences - and again, those of many others - when my sister's husband died in a road accident in 2015.

One time he got a lot of flak for saying he didn't think much of the movie "The Graduate", I remember that....

Then there was a thread called "Atlas Shrugged"; as I'm English I had no idea what it was about but there were many contributors including Milo.

And I haven't mentioned the musical and guitar talk stuff yet........God bless, Milo - safe journey.

Archived