Gibson Brands Forums

Henry blames guitar stores for financial woes...

Jalex

It is a discussion forum, we are discussing stuff. That stuff seems to be construed as bashing and hating when it really is, to me, people that love Gibson and are just as distressed as you at their current condition as it is reported.

Yes, the vast majority of discussion here is in the interest of Gibson continuing as a viable company. For mindless bashing & hating of Henry & Gibson, many other guitar forums would probably be one's preferred cup of tea.

I do applaud Gibson for engaging the public via this forum in a relatively hands-off manner. But what is Gibson's purpose for even having the website that includes this forum? First & foremost, it has got to be to create, fuel, and maintain interest in the company's products. And note that at seemingly every turn, Gibson is seeking feedback through comment sections, and via the forum.

I would suggest that comments both pro & con in any discussion are vital to the goal of meaningful feedback. Henry certainly won't get as devoted of a Gibson audience on any other forum, so I believe the majority of what he might constructively filter & process from this forum's members should be viewed, essentially, as information from a valued and trusted source.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

say a guy has a couple of pound and is looking around for an acoustic .. he likes the look of gibsons

Will check into the gibson forum and ask a few questions the way we all do

Turns out that even the place where gibson lovers gather is full of negativity

Might make a fella think twice and go back and try that Martin that was kinda nice too

I’ve never understood the Gibson bashing on this forum. Why not go somewhere else and vent?

Here is my take. Americans and others from around the world love their country, but many do not like their elected leader, if that is the way he or she came into office. I'm sure all of us on this forum love Gibson Guitars. So I am sure you can see where I am going.

..... So I am sure you can see where I am going.

Not really. I was raised to campaign for your leaders, vote, and if the outcome is not what you wanted you shake hands and support the winner. Today’s society is full of sore losers that will whine if they don’t get their way. As far as Gibson, I checked my portfolio and did not find any voting stocks in the company so instead of whining I will vote with my dollars. I for one like the newer guitars they’ve been building and have been buying them. I do not go on the Taylor and Martin forums and bash their products and show off my new Gibson.

By the way, I just like guitars. Any brand.

Not really. I was raised to campaign for your leaders, vote, and if the outcome is not what you wanted you shake hands and support the winner. Today’s society is full of sore losers that will whine if they don’t get their way. As far as Gibson, I checked my portfolio and did not find any voting stocks in the company so instead of whining I will vote with my dollars. I for one like the newer guitars they’ve been building and have been buying them. I do not go on the Taylor and Martin forums and bash their products and show off my new Gibson.

By the way, I just like guitars. Any brand.

✊🏻✔️

Here is my take. Americans and others from around the world love their country, but many do not like their elected leader, if that is the way he or she came into office. I'm sure all of us on this forum love Gibson Guitars. So I am sure you can see where I am going.

Sorry (Martin) D-28, No, I can't see where you're going.

All of us on this forum love Gibson guitars? Not all of us HAVE Gibson Guitars. Not all of us LOVE Gibson Guitars. Go to the Gibson Forum Lounge and look at the thread on 'Acoustic Considerations'. Someone asked for recommendations on buying one. Got over 2 dozen recommendations. Only 2 or 3 were Gibson.

Go back over the past year or so of - comments on here and you'll find some pretty angry people lurking who are upset with virtually every detail of Gibson acoustics from price to quality to design to materials.

Of course, we try to be respectful of others opinions on things like pick guard placement, brand of tuners, etc. Because those are based on opinions. But when people bloviate about how they know more than the owner of an international multi-corporate entity, because their Mom & Pop went out of business, or a few dozen neon pink guitars were produced - you can't seriously say 'all of us on this forum love Gibson Guitars'.

Sadly - I for one do NOT see where you're going. Been here less than a week and you seem to be comparing Henry to Trump based on how they came into power.

Can you humor me and actually tell us what your point is?

Oh, and Welcome.

Sorry (Martin) D-28, No, I can't see where you're going.

All of us on this forum love Gibson guitars? Not all of us HAVE Gibson Guitars. Not all of us LOVE Gibson Guitars. Go to the Gibson Forum Lounge and look at the thread on 'Acoustic Considerations'. Someone asked for recommendations on buying one. Got over 2 dozen recommendations. Only 2 or 3 were Gibson.

Go back over the past year or so of - comments on here and you'll find some pretty angry people lurking who are upset with virtually every detail of Gibson acoustics from price to quality to design to materials.

Of course, we try to be respectful of others opinions on things like pick guard placement, brand of tuners, etc. Because those are based on opinions. But when people bloviate about how they know more than the owner of an international multi-corporate entity, because their Mom & Pop went out of business, or a few dozen neon pink guitars were produced - you can't seriously say 'all of us on this forum love Gibson Guitars'.

Sadly - I for one do NOT see where you're going. Been here less than a week and you seem to be comparing Henry to Trump based on how they came into power.

Can you humor me and actually tell us what your point is?

Oh, and Welcome.

Thanks. For the welcome. I have Gibson's. Now, why would you be on a Gibson Forum if you don't have any? Just a question not trying to start something. My point was just because you love a product or your country does not mean you have to love the person who is in control of said product or country. I though I was clear, but I guess not. And if you don't love Gibson Guitars I hope you would not spend hard earned cash on them. And I read the Acoustic Considerations thread he asked for recommendations on Martin's, Talylor's and Gibson's.

Here is his statement: I know I am going to have to try them out, but can I have some thoughts on my next possible purchase....

£2k approx on either a Martin, Taylor or Gibson electro acoustic. Mainly for chords and some light finger style.

But when people bloviate about how they know more than the owner of an international multi-corporate entity, because their Mom & Pop went out of business, or a few dozen neon pink guitars were produced - you can't seriously say 'all of us on this forum love Gibson Guitars'.

Just to reiterate, the Mom & Pop store I mentioned (that used to be a very strong advocate for Gibson) has expanded and is thriving, without selling Gibsons or Epiphones.

The pontificating on this thread is interesting, but we'll all concretely know more in a few short months when Henry's bill comes due.

• 2 weeks later...

as a forum for discussion, how can a disparaging post not be relevant? is this a gibson positive feed back only show ? or do some members feel they can say what topic is ok ?

Just common courtesy to not complain about the food when you’re invited to someone’s house for dinner. If you have higher expectations or are just a negative person that likes to complain about everything, lay the bucks down and go out for dinner. They’ll probably ban you from the restaurant after a few ravings.

Just common courtesy to not complain about the food when youre invited to someones house for dinner. If you have higher expectations or are just a negative person that likes to complain about everything, lay the bucks down and go out for dinner. Theyll probably ban you from the restaurant after a few ravings.

So in your world we can say whatever we want about Gibson as long as it is +. Now I read the rules about posting on the forum when I joined.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/491-forum-rules/

Here is a link to the rules. Show me where it says only + Gibson comments? In case you don't know what a forum is here is the definition - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

So in your world we can say whatever we want about Gibson as long as it is +. Now I read the rules about posting on the forum when I joined.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/491-forum-rules/

Here is a link to the rules. Show me where it says only + Gibson comments? In case you don't know what a forum is here is the definition - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Your reply alone supports my thoughts. To each it’s own.

I don’t understand

I’ve not got a taylor , nor do I ever plan on owning one but I went on the taylor forum and questioned things they do and thoughts they have , but I didn’t get any sort of thrill or satisfaction

Maybe it’s different for other people

I've owned one Taylor for about 8 months one year and I've never ever been to the Taylor forum, unless you count the AGF which used to be the Taylor forum of some kind?

I've probably traded more Gibsons than most of these people in here will ever use. Just not acoustics. If you don't think people have the "right" or should be allowed to use these airwaves to discuss, and I do mean discuss, the business doings of this company, and here's the tricky part, that they allow us to talk about, you should make your own forum.

Really. Some of you act like school girls because somebody that doesn't use a Gibson acoustic is saying big bad awful things about Gibson but hey, if they didn't do big dumb things maybe nobody would ever say big bad things.

Grow up is all I can say. When the crap hits the fan and they get out of another pickle, hooray. When the crap hits the fan and they don't, what will you all do? Get all fetal and bawl for a couple months? I'll still be playing, still using their guitars until I can't use any guitars.

rct

Not sure what kind of thrill you wanted to get from that, but if I choose to make a negative comment about a product (Gibson Guitar) I bought with my own money and I am not breaking the rules of the forum, then I could give a rats arse what anyone thinks. Its my opinion. Why I have a Gibson and why anyone else has a Gibson is their choice. Some will agree with me and some wont. I will sleep just fine tonight knowing that. If that chaps your hide get ahold of the admin. and complain if I am in the wrong. I'm not here to just stir the pot, but I am entitled to my own thoughts and opinions.

Boo Yah! :D

I've owned one Taylor for about 8 months one year and I've never ever been to the Taylor forum, unless you count the AGF which used to be the Taylor forum of some kind?

I've probably traded more Gibsons than most of these people in here will ever use. Just not acoustics. If you don't think people have the "right" or should be allowed to use these airwaves to discuss, and I do mean discuss, the business doings of this company, and here's the tricky part, that they allow us to talk about, you should make your own forum.

Really. Some of you act like school girls because somebody that doesn't use a Gibson acoustic is saying big bad awful things about Gibson but hey, if they didn't do big dumb things maybe nobody would ever say big bad things.

Grow up is all I can say. When the crap hits the fan and they get out of another pickle, hooray. When the crap hits the fan and they don't, what will you all do? Get all fetal and bawl for a couple months? I'll still be playing, still using their guitars until I can't use any guitars.

rct

Boo Yah 2! :D

Archived