Gibson Brands Forums

Henry blames guitar stores for financial woes...

Jalex

Gibson acoustic players are different from Gibson electric loudies

We all know how heavy handed Gibson can be with dealers

Gibson is holding the remote control

they can turn this on or off

be aware of whose house you are in

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm getting the message

If my opinion differs from yours, you are offended and start insulting members and trying to draw them into a battle of words on the forum. I don't wrestle with pigs,

If common courtesy needs to be spelled out for someone, they're already a lost cause.

Probably the number one rule I see constantly violated by the same few members is

15. Do not "flame" others. Blatantly offensive posts directed at others will not be tolerated.

In case your dictionary doesn't explain that term -

FLAME means "Insult someone over the internet"

I'm thankful the forum has the block member option. The only time I see certain posts are when they're pasted into a response.

Gibson acoustic players are different from Gibson electric loudies

So, what about those of us who play both Gibson acoustics and Gibson electrics? What about the Gibson acoustic-electric folks? Where do they fit into your analysis?

A forum is by definition a place where ideas are shared and debated. It's not a "dear leader" venue where all we do is see who can clap the loudest for the boss. If Gibson wants to turn the switch off, they'll do it. But that shouldn't be a reason to stifle discourse, even when it isn't always positive.

Most folks here are reasonably polite, even when they don't toe the company line. I guess I'm one of those. After all, I've owned a Gibson guitar a lot longer than Henry has owned Gibson Guitars.

So, what about those of us who play both Gibson acoustics and Gibson electrics? What about the Gibson acoustic-electric folks? Where do they fit into your analysis?

A forum is by definition a place where ideas are shared and debated. It's not a "dear leader" venue where all we do is see who can clap the loudest for the boss. If Gibson wants to turn the switch off, they'll do it. But that shouldn't be a reason to stifle discourse, even when it isn't always positive.

Of course there is a gray area. Perhaps the bigger difference would be seen between Gibson Acoustic forum and The Lounge. Do you think the lounge is more acoustic or electric? The values are different there, as seen in their posts. They bring all of that with them when they come here to post.

Just saying that if cost cutting is looking to be done, let us not give them a reason to do it here

Archived