Gibson Brands Forums

"Lucille" for sale

GuitarGeordie

I've been hankering after an '59 Les Paul for some time but to achieve that, something has to go.

I am putting my Gibson "Lucille" on the market. Product detail: ARLC16EBGH1 no.13635709.

It's unplayed after being professionally set up and is in pristine condition.

UK Price is £2,875 and US$ 4,000 (indicative).UK delivery is available and shipment to the USA or Europe can be arranged.

Photographs may be seen

https://www.gumtree....ion-/1288718701

1519870001[/url]' post='1920526']

These were selling at CME for $1950 in the states NEW a few weeks ago.

They had them in Black and Red....JT

To be polite, I would call you misinformed.

This is the current CME Gibson ES 355 Page

with second hand and demo prices......

https://www.chicagom...355&type=reverb

Unless you want a 30 year old instrument, in which case CME are offering one with; "Cosmetic Condition: Minor play wear. Some chips in binding. Some small finish chips on upper side, near binding;" for US$ 2,250.

All extracts from CME website taken at 08.20 London local time.

To be polite, I would call you misinformed.

This is the current CME Gibson ES 355 Page

with second hand and demo prices......

https://www.chicagom...355&type=reverb

Unless you want a 30 year old instrument, in which case CME are offering one with; "Cosmetic Condition: Minor play wear. Some chips in binding. Some small finish chips on upper side, near binding;" for US$ 2,250.

All extracts from CME website taken at 08.20 London local time.

No, not misinformed. I bought one, and as a matter of fact it was a less than $1800 further on sale. That was a limited CME purchase from Gibson, and they have since sold out so you won't find them listed.

Great guitar, GLWTS. CME did sell a number of them, most at $2400.00. But hope that won't make selling too hard for you. You may see some of them for sale from flippers. At least you'll know why now.

USD 1,950 translates into GBP 1,473, at today's rates. At which price you could just about buy an 'ES 335 Studio' in the UK.

Whatever the CME price quoted it does not reflect regularly available real world prices.

What is alled 'comparing apples and pears' (still being polite).

If I am ask two questions please....

1) Who is CME?

2) $1800, was that Pounds, US Dollars or Euros?

USD 1,950 translates into GBP 1,473, at today's rates. At which price you could just about buy an 'ES 335 Studio' in the UK.

Whatever the CME price quoted it does not reflect regularly available real world prices.

What is alled 'comparing apples and pears' (still being polite).

Chicago Music Exchange My link

CME made a large purchase of remaining stock from the Gibson Memphis plant. They were sold at blowout prices to move the stock. Their agreement with Gibson was they would sell them as "Floor Models", thus without Gibson warranty, which CME substituted with their own warrantly. Though apparently some of the stock had some minor issues, most by far were new in box without a thing wrong with them. If anyone did have a problem, CME would worked it out, or took it back, and or replaced it if one was still available.

Many of us that took part got once-in-a-lifetime deals on these. I ended up getting 3 different ones, all were flawless.

There are still some left from the sale, search "Gibson Floor Model" on the CME site. Call them to get the best deal.

So that's the whole story. Though not "regularly available real world prices", enough were sold to put a temporary dent in the used Gibson Memphis market here in the US. Both by removing potential buyers, and putting flipper purchased ones out there for sale.

Our UK retailers seem to be able to knock lumps off some of their 'end of season prices'.

I've benefited with Gibson and Gretsch instruments but not too the eyewatering extent being described in the USA.

Having checked a number of financial statements, (nosey type), there is still healthy profit being made! The answer

Is to wait until the new year's models are in the pipeline.

I've been hankering after an '59 Les Paul for some time but to achieve that, something has to go.

I am putting my Gibson "Lucille" on the market. Product detail: ARLC16EBGH1 no.13635709.

It's unplayed after being professionally set up and is in pristine condition.

UK Price is £2,875 and US$ 4,000 (indicative).UK delivery is available and shipment to the USA or Europe can be arranged.

Photographs may be seen

https://www.gumtree....ion-/1288718701

A real '59 LP or a Custom shop job? For a real one I would think you would have to see more that just one BB King Lucille.

Where's the Pictures? So many different Lucille's. Which one is it? Vintage, Current or Reissue?

He posted pics in the first post you have to click on the link. Its a Black one that says Lucille on the headstock and not BB King,

He posted pics in the first post you have to click on the link. Its a Black one that says Lucille on the headstock and not BB King,

Got it.. Looks like a current Lucllle to me. IMO, I'm thinking in the $1500 - $1800 range if it's mint being that it's Used.

Got it.. Looks like a current Lucllle to me. IMO, I'm thinking in the $1500 - $1800 range if it's mint being that it's Used.

Gibson's site has them listed as $6 with 3 - 9's after it. Of all that is holy. 7k has got to be MSRP.

Gibson's site has them listed as $6 with 3 - 9's after it. Of all that is holy. 7k has got to be MSRP.

Gibson website quotes MSRP. Dealer MAP Prices are well below that. Usually discounts of 15% to 20% below MAP or more are available with a little negotiation.

Price History on Reverb.com is $1600 - $2500 for Used.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

What year is your Lucille? Does it have the newer Richlite fingerboard, or the original Ebony fingerboard?

All other things being equal, the one's with the Richlite boards, usually go for less, used, than the older

ones, with the original spec'd Ebony board.

Whatever the case, Good Luck, with your sale!

CB

I think he does not have the ebony board. I believe my year '09 was the last year they had them. Once you click on the link it says it is a '16.

Thanks, FZ Fan...when all else fails, read the directions, or follow the link(s), huh? [tongue][blush][biggrin]

And, you're right, it won't have a Ebony board!

CB

All the Memphis ES guitars and BB Kings where unloaded too CME at Dirt

CHEAP prices,because they are CLOSING the Memphis plant and had to get rid of ALL their

NEW ES and BB King Guitars.

My friend bought a Black Newer (think it was a 2016} for around $1900,looked NEW and not a Scratch or ding.

Myself I bought a New 2017 ES335 in Natural for $1700 while everyone else was selling those for $3799 like Sweetwater.

Also bought a New 2017 ES330 VOS Natural figured with Bigsby for $1900 while everywhere else was around $2000 more.

Myself I see people trying to flip these and prices willlll remain LOW in the states for sometime.

I did not buy mine to sell but for them to get dust on the cases since I have many guitars that don't get used lol........JT

I am not seeing any of those good prices you are talking about. If they had them they are gone. New ones were at the prices I would expect and the used ones were too. The cheapest I saw a was a used '16 ES-335 in the 2200 dolla range, and they had only one BB King (used) for almost 2300 dollars.

Most of them are long gone now. See my post above. Search "Gibson Floor Model" to find them. There is still one Studio 335, a late '60s ES-335 reissue, an ES-175, a number of ES-Les Pauls, and ES-339s that I can see as of now.

An ES-339 for $895 a super buy, and some were even 15% off additionally over last weekend. I just have no interest in a 339 for myself.

I already picked up more than I care to admit, including a Cherry Lucille that was south of $1800.

Though many were bought to flip, I still don't see that sale putting a huge or long lasting dent in the market.

I was looking to Buy a New 2017 ES339 studio in cherry red last night

for $760 from CME.

After waiting and waiting and waiting the sale ended and glad it did even if it

was 15% more off then the prices are right now I really don't need another ES guitar even if

the price was right.(all the good stuff was GONE by Jan 2018}........JT

Archived