Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's New Online Store

Red 333

A viable option for those who do not live within an hours drive of a Five Star Dealer and don't feel comfortable buying from a dealer not "certified" with a questionable return policy. Eliminates the lost profit by having to sell to retailers at wholesale and deal with damage caused after the guitar is received by them. And NO - JedZep, the MSRP is NOT 5 or 6 times the cost of building these guitars.

And still, very expensive. edit: I mean, I love'em and all and I'm even thinking about buying a new AJ. That is why the cost is so, on my mind. Guitars have really become expensive with this newest price increase.

And still, very expensive. edit: I mean, I love'em and all and I'm even thinking about buying a new AJ. That is why the cost is so, on my mind. Guitars have really become expensive with this newest price increase.

Also, with another price increase they are getting further behind in the battle against their biggest competition: used Gibsons. There are so many available at reasonable prices I don't know why one would be compelled to buy new (especially at MAP) unless you just happened to come across that special "one". Just my opinion of course.

I see I earned a red -1 for voicing my disapproval at the latest price increase on all guitars including Gibson. First time anyone has ever done a minus on me. It burns. Why don't cha come out from behind the bush and maybe talk about it? I aint packin. [wink]

A viable option for those who do not live within an hours drive of a Five Star Dealer and don't feel comfortable buying from a dealer not "certified" with a questionable return policy. Eliminates the lost profit by having to sell to retailers at wholesale and deal with damage caused after the guitar is received by them. And NO - JedZep, the MSRP is NOT 5 or 6 times the cost of building these guitars.

Sorry...hyperbole. 2X easily.

I see I earned a red -1 for voicing my disapproval at the latest price increase on all guitars including Gibson. First time anyone has ever done a minus on me. It burns. Why don't cha come out from behind the bush and maybe talk about it? I aint packin. [wink]

You are a hater and you are bashing Gibson and you are trashing Henry in the place he pays for. It's how anything not the absolutely most praise is treated, particularly for the acoustic guys.

Always include something about Ren Ferguson walking on water at the end of your posts, it'll get you some serious plus ups.

rct

It is probably time to have an option for an elephant stamp, or even replace the plus/minus with pre school stamps.

Oh yeah, the new online store.....

We have all bought all kind of things online now, have we not? Will the new Gibson Onliners have a name? Will they have their usual service with a smile, ahem, ahem? But basically can they ORGANISE it?

A few online buy examples of recent times for you......

Perusing online for used Maton 808 size Hiscox flightcase that they stopped making or selling officially a number of years ago, I came across an ad for a brand new one at an online store from Sydney, Aust. So I ordered it. It said it would be delivered in a couple of days, so dog and I hunkered down to wait for arrival. Phone rang and a young guy that sounded about 15 YO said he was sorry but the case was out of stock but they would be happy to order one for me. I then informed him tartly that the said case had not been manufactured for quite a few years and any new orders could fall on deaf ears. Oh? I then explained that I ordered the case because they said they had them. Oh? I luckily got my money back a few days later. Now if I do a search for that same used case, their site still says they sell them! [cursing] So somebody needs to get on it......

The other extreme is one of my many overseas, for me, purchases from Elderly MI. They have online guitar and equipment down pat. So much online experience! They are ready for everything. So I ordered a vintage Gibson, paid, receipts, thanks....guitar is checked, packed in a specially designed guitar carton and on a Fedex flight to Australia to arrive at my Customs in 2 days time! Customs ruined the fun a bit by holding it too long, but all the paperwork from Elderly was in perfect order and the guitar was on my doorstep in a matter of days. So organised! [thumbup]

See what I am getting at, Mr Gibson?

BluesKing777.

Archived