Gibson Brands Forums

Bye folks

Johnt

Please see post re Guitarstrummer as Moderator in "The Lounge" for details

Someone please look after TWilson for me?

And Moose if he ever returns from the forest?

john

I agree with you that this person doesn't make for a good moderator. I can think of other roles for him that have nothing to do with people or communications, but never moderator!

Still, if you choose to remove yourself from the forum and take other contributing members with you, the forum and everyone who participates in it ends up losing out. He is still going to have his role as moderator.

In your Lounge post, someone mentioned that there is recourse against what he does wrong - and we all know his chemical imbalance is going to ensure a blowout - so why not hang around and let him try something and see how everyone responds to the situation?

Snobs and snots are just that - snobs and snots. The fact that he managed to bag lick his way into a position might be more temporary than you think. Join the fight - don't run from it.

WE DON'T WANT YOU AS A MODERATOR, GUITARSTRUMMER.

this is extremely disappointing news johnt. i've really enjoyed your friendly and humorous posts. i've noticed your absence of late but had no idea what was at the root of it. i was unaware such heavy handedness was going on behind the scenes. be well friend. you will be missed.

JohnT... I echo the sentiments above that your comments and contributions have always given me a smile or good information. I hope you reconsider as well. I guess, I am of the opinion that Mike will likely make a good moderator due to his knowledge of Gibsons and his obvious passion for this forum. Haven't we all at one time or another said something to someone we wish we could have taken back? I know I have. I thought the whole situation had finally resolved itself, but here we are again acting like kids and bashing someone most of us have probably never met because of only our knowledge of a situation most of us were not involved in. I think the parties that were, got it straightened out between themselves as adults typically do and moved on. I value the input into this forum of all of you from Guitarstrummer to GillianGirl, to Ballcorner, Nik and you too JohnT. While I know this isn't a family, we are starting to act like one with the name calling and slams against what I am sure are perfectly nice people who I would enjoy sitting down and having a beer, playing some guitar and conversing with if we ever met face to face.

I hope once again, we all can get past this, accept that Mike and ksdaddy have a new role on the forum and embrace it. I love this little group and would hate to see anyone leave or say something they would regret. I usually come here to learn, get a laugh and talk about things I love, Guitars, music our kids playing guitars or singing etc. Let's just try to give it some time for adjustment and keep on having great talks about some of our favorite things.

I hope you stay!

Paul

Johnt-I respect your wishes, my friend, and accept whatever you decide to do even though it's quite disappointing to me. I must say, no one but my closest friends can hand me a load of **** like you do!! More sophisitcated but a wonderful verbal bashing nonetheless!! I may have to reach you on your other "line" from time to time. Adios, amigo!

Sir Johnt

It was th deepest regret that I read your good bye to the Forum along with the departures of your fellow Brits. You folks are the really great addition to this Forum and your departure will be sorely missed.

I ,for one, was never informed that a moderator for this forum had been selected, who he is and for what purpose? As long as I have been in attendance, nothing requiring a moderator has come to my attention. If some one acts like a jerk this self evidence doesn't take a moderator to point this out and all responsible Forum members have themselves taken proper care of the matter ala the GG Girl episode.

Happy trails good Friend and the best to you, yours and Fred to whom Nou Nou sends

a big wet kiss.

Moose

P.S. Thank goodness we still have you as a proud board member of the Piss Poor Picken Academy of Advanced Guitar Techniques.

There does seem to be a common denominator to all the drama. Remember Robie from the old forum? He disappeared after too many confrontations. I don't know if that is why, but there were some personality conflicts and backdoor PMs, and then The GG Incident. There are other grumblings, and now Johnt, Therm, and G U E S T want to leave. Why the mass exodus? How does anyone have that kind of power on an internet forum, that he can drive people away? That he can keep people from the reunion? If you no longer enjoy the forum, so be it. But to let someone drive you away, just because of what? A bully? That makes zero sense.

This forum belongs to Gibson; they pay for it, and it has been remarkably free and lenient, and is the better for it. Maybe mods were inevitable, given the growth of the forum, but they can be useful--I don't picture ksdaddy going 'round, swinging a stick. Just as there are cowboy cops, there can be poorly suited mods, but that would sort itself out eventually.

After Peter Green, Oh well..........

I have reconsidered and am back in a very non controversial way of course!

Thanks you for your many messages/emails etc.

I received an email from Guitarstrummer

I replied saying that we will disgagree on this matter.

As far as I am concerned we will leave it at that.

John

Bloody marvellous Johnt.

Austin, there was a suggestion the UK members meet up. Central London won't suit everyone but is a good place to start.

It won't take long to look at all the Gibsons in Denmark St. We could then adjourn for some refreshment.

Johnt, fancy getting involved with me to organise something?

:-# I'm always at a loss for words when I come across forum drama. It's pretty clear to me that Gibson runs this site. Their trademark is associated with it so it's in the best interests to make sure the posts are mostly clean. Forums also come with extra-contractual legal responsibilities. How is this hard to understand? I hate the idea of having to watch my language -- and often don't -- but I can appreciate the fact that kids (rich kids who can afford Gibsons) check the site.

Guitarstrummer seems like a good enough guy to me. He's obviously pro-Gibson, owns a lot of guitars, and has a wide knowledge of all the acoustic models. He actually has the time to moderate a forum. So...what's the problem?

P.S. Don't want to dig for worms, but can someone explain what the "The GG Incident" is/was?

I have reconsidered and am back in a very non controversial way of course!

Thanks you for your many messages/emails etc.

I received an email from Guitarstrummer

I replied saying that we will disgagree on this matter.

As far as I am concerned we will leave it at that.

John

Sir Johnt

After I needlessly shed copious tears over your announced departure you now remind me of the famous female impersonator named Julian Eltinge-Each year he announced his final farewell tour at New York's Carniege Hall which now appears having a close resemblance to yours. I am so relieved to learn that both you and he never disappointed their devoted fans by really pulling the trigger. Julian has long disappeared but thankfully you have not.Wecome back does not come close to expressing Nou Nou's relief that Fred's master is still with us.

Moose

Archived