Gibson Brands Forums

Get Your Ya Ya's Out!

GuitarGeordie

There are some advantages to being of more mature years. Still got my 60's vinyl.

My daughter has just bought tickets for the family to see the Rolling Stones' "No Filter" concert in London on May 22.

Read and weep. The last time I saw full line up was in the late 70's, in the front row St James' Park in Newcastle. My

chest hurt for a week after standing in front of the bass drivers.

There were no concession tickets available!

There are some advantages to being of more mature years. Still got my 60's vinyl.

My daughter has just bought tickets for the family to see the Rolling Stones' "No Filter" concert in London on May 22.

Read and weep. The last time I saw full line up was in the late 70's, in the front row St James' Park in Newcastle. My

Thats gotta be one of there best albums IMO

...Still got my 60's vinyl.

Just read this morning (actually a few days ago, but the LA Times did a feature today) where Best Buy and Target are phasing out CD sales due to well, lack of sales. Seems like iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, et al are taking over! The CD? Who'da thunk, huh? First it was vinyl, then 8 tracks, then casettes, now CD's. Jeez, I'm a dinosaur.

Not sure if you have ever seen them live. I did once and it was an abomination. The 2 opening bands made them look ridiculous. I hope you have a good time. They can't go on much longer. Mick is gonna break a hip prancing around at 70+.

Well have fun at the show. Not sure how many more chances the real stones fans will have.

Never been to one, and I have never really been into the Stones But if there is anyone still around that is an Icon to rock and roll, it's guys like Mick and Keef..

Archived