Gibson Brands Forums

lp robot first edition wont take charge!!!!!!!!

25/50

someone please help, i have just bought a second hand robot on ebay and have followed the manual for charging. it came without an adapter as i am in the uk and its 240v over here so i bought a 110v to 240v adapter. evrything seems to work as it says in the manual apart from once the charging is underway. then, the light on the charger stops flashing green and produces a solid red light, meanwhile, the mck has one green light flashing on the PEG icon and doesnt progress anymore regardless of how long you leave it. please help as i'm getting no help from the guy i bought it from. ;)

i thought of that and used my shortest lead which is about 18inches. re-started the charging set up from scratch and within 5minutes the light on the charging box changed from flashing green (as it says it should) to solid red (no flashing at all). the green flashing light on the mck knob was still flashing on the peg icon when i got up this morning, some 6hrs of charge and nowt, diddly squat. could the batteries in the charger need changing? ( 4 allen key heads showing on the underside)? thanks for the response and hope you can help some more :-k

someone please help' date=' i have just bought a second hand robot on ebay and have followed the manual for charging. it came without an adapter as i am in the uk and its 240v over here so i bought a 110v to 240v adapter. evrything seems to work as it says in the manual apart from once the charging is underway. then, the light on the charger stops flashing green and produces a solid red light, meanwhile, the mck has one green light flashing on the PEG icon and doesnt progress anymore regardless of how long you leave it. please help as i'm getting no help from the guy i bought it from. '](*,)

If the shorter lead (I use a pedal coupler! <g>) doesn't work, you should try the emergency charge procedure that's outlined on page 52 of the Owner's Manual.

Good luck...we're all counting on you! <g>

Cat Daddy

:-k#-o #-o there's something wrong with my manual as well then cus page 52 is blank!!!!!!!! my manual states....

page 50: CHARGING AND BATTERY INFORMATION

BATTERY LEVEL.

page 51: CHARGE MODE inc mck position. display LEDs. action. remarks.

BLANK PAGE

page 53: A LIFETIME OF MUSIC.

I'm really gratefull for the help so far but i think i should of bought the standard as it was cheaper and ALOT less COMPLICATED. i'm calling my robot " MY MRS" as its great to look at, but completely useless unless you jump-start her before use

Download the Manual you need from the link I provided above

Gibson Robot Manual -

http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/robot-guitar-manual.pdf

On page 52 it reads:

EMERGENCY CHARGE MODE

The system now has an Emergency Charge Mode (ECM) if its internal rechargeable battery

goes completely dead or too low in charge to run the normal Charge Function. Put MCK

in the C position. Plug your patch cable into the charging device and connect and plug

in the transformer. The charger will blink with a red LED (seeking a Guitar). When the

LED begins to blink yellow the charger can be connected to the guitar. The charger will

provide enough charge to make it possible to start the regular charging mode. The

condition of time to reanimate the charging mode is related to the state of battery-level

(approximately 10 seconds up to a couple of minutes). After ECM is completed, the

system runs in normal charge mode.

AUTOMATIC SWITCH OFF MODE

If the MCK is left in the ‘on’ position for more than 120 seconds, the system enters

Switch Off Mode, indicated by a flashing green light. After 30 minutes the system turns

into Standby Mode, indicated by a very slow flashing yellow light. You can re-activate

the system in either status by turning the MCK.

Note: It is recommended not to store the guitar with the MCK out, as this will fully drain the

battery eventually and Emergency Charge Mode must be employed.

Through trial and error with a few adaptors I've got, I found a correct working Universal 220-240 voltage AC Adaptor, it's a 1000mA one and set on 12V.

When everything is connected according to the manual, the charger is blinking green, the MCK is showing a steady green digit, with on and off going green digits from 1 to finally 10.

When fully charged, the charger light turns blue, push in the MCK and you're ready to rock...!

someone please help' date=' i have just bought a second hand robot on ebay and have followed the manual for charging. it came without an adapter as i am in the uk and its 240v over here so i bought a 110v to 240v adapter. evrything seems to work as it says in the manual apart from once the charging is underway. then, the light on the charger stops flashing green and produces a solid red light, meanwhile, the mck has one green light flashing on the PEG icon and doesnt progress anymore regardless of how long you leave it. please help as i'm getting no help from the guy i bought it from. '](*,)

See my reply Posted: 23 februari 2009 17:42:59

Anyone who has the similar problem can and will benefit from what is discussed in this forum. I do not continue to pan to the top when I am responding to someone I have just read. I don't know how 25/50 is doing but he will probably let us know. I have that old timer's desease so you will have to be patient. As far as I know 25/50 hasn't bought a short patch cable yet. He probably has the same desease and forgot he even had aguitar.

Archived