Gibson Brands Forums

lp robot first edition wont take charge!!!!!!!!

25/50

It's totally crazy though, that one has to turn to a forum to sort these charging problems.

Imagine you buy a new mobile phone, but it comes without an adaptor...; that's what Gibson is doing with their Robot guitars!

On top of that, Gibson doesn't even inform you about the type of adaptor one has to buy; what a 'service'!

When I contacted Gibson USA about it, they refered me to their distributor in Australia; really. I'm from the Netherlands, I think that's called 'passing the buck' in English...

Probably if I contact Australia, they will refer me to their distributor on the Antarctic...

Even my local Gibson dealer sold me the wrong adaptor!

But..., I won't be beaten and I'll keep on rocking!

hi all, no, i havnt forgotten to update you . ive ordered a 6inch patch lead - could find a smaller one so just hope it works. will test it when it comes and let you all know the result.......fingers crossed evryone please hahahahahaha#-o =P~

They assumed your local dealer would have delivered the right power pack with your guitar.

I got the info from reading an early Tronical manual.

I know its says Gibson on the guitar

but all Robot specific issues are often answered in detail by contacting Tronical.

Tronical GmbH

Alsterdorfer Straße 50b

D-22299 Hamburg

Germany

T: +49 (40) 37 08 52 22 - 0

F: +49 (40) 37 08 52 22 - 20

E-Mail: info@tronical.com

Chairman

Chief Executive Officer

Chris Adams

E-Mail: chris.adams@tronical.com

Antonio da Rosa

E-Mail: antonio.darosa@tronical.com

http://www.tronical.com/tronical/robot.html

They assumed your local dealer would have delivered the right power pack with your guitar.

I got the info from reading an early Tronical manual.

I know its says Gibson on the guitar

but all Robot specific issues are often answered in detail by contacting Tronical.

Tronical GmbH

Alsterdorfer Straße 50b

D-22299 Hamburg

Germany

T: +49 (40) 37 08 52 22 - 0

F: +49 (40) 37 08 52 22 - 20

E-Mail: info@tronical.com

Chairman

Chief Executive Officer

Chris Adams

E-Mail: chris.adams@tronical.com

Antonio da Rosa

E-Mail: antonio.darosa@tronical.com

http://www.tronical.com/tronical/robot.html

maybe they shouldnt assume that we in the futile world ..........or should i say ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! understand THEIR TECHN LOGIC

SORRY BOUT THE LACK OF THE "O" IN TECHNO, I WAS ...........and am slightly the worse for ware in the sobre stakes hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha....... jus thought i'd av a look a the thread as it goes b4 i hit the sack wiv er in doors 4 a good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................................................AND THEN SOME HAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHA

SORRY BOUT THE LACK OF THE "O" IN TECHNO' date=' I WAS ...........and am slightly the worse for ware in the sobre stakes hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha....... jus thought i'd av a look a the thread as it goes b4 i hit the sack wiv er in doors 4 a good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................................................AND THEN SOME HAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHA[/quote']

come again?

• 1 year later...

I had the same issues as earlier posters concerning charging the Gibson "bender model" guitar. I finally got it to charge and everything worked just fine after charging it, except now I find it is dead the very next day. The MCK was not left out, the f...ing battery's charge just seems to dissipate over night. Do I have to replace the battery or something? It does charge, but If I have to recharge every night, I might have to burn this heap.

Archived