Gibson Brands Forums

Show your guitars if you like

Mr. Gibson

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have so many guitars, and I've just taken snapshots of them for you (for me)/for everybody.

9cc4f0c78379dfaf2e752e6aa2243d80.jpg

From left to right:

1996 Gibson Custom Shop Red Sparkle Top Dark Back.

2005 Gibson VOS R7 Gold Top Dark Back.

1969 Stella by Harmony H913 12 String Acoustic (pro set up).

1951 Stella by Harmony H929 Parlour Guitar (stock).

1c0dea00792dfd9434520645d820ee96.jpg

From left to right:

? best guess 1970's handmade Aardvark Telecaster/Stratocaster with an acoustic guitar neck profile (I had a Fishman bridge dropped in and a smart chip) - hand built by a gentleman in Surrey, England named Doug who no longer makes guitars for health reasons.

1999 or 2000 American Fender Deluxe Stratocaster with an ash body and maple neck, teal finish, noiseless pickups (stock).

02411a811949fab8fee8f3f8f21aaa1b.jpg

Two restorations I re designed myself and bought then had fixed then had customised;

From left to right:

My 2000 Samick Plant South Korea Epiphone Les Paul Standard 2009 Feline Guitars rebuild (all new American electronics).

For all you Epiphone fans.

744b8c4f609c07ae5280a7a33b6b7b2c.jpg

That's #S00054082 (if it's too blurry in the snapshot).

My 1960's Framus Hollywood 2007 & 2008 Feline Guitars rebuild (I bought this when I was 13 and dreamed of it being how it turned out when I was 21 and got GAS after this was done).

a9e94dc7c916da94854ed7c7903de36a.jpg

My early 1950's Catania Carmelo Italian Parlour Guitar (stock)

My first guitar I learned on, my sister's hand me down when she left England; my 1970's Kay E100 (that it turns out somebody painted red) (years later I had a replacement scratch plate made because the original broke and I took the knobs off of a Strat' copy that I had laying around because I lost one of the originals and I wanted them to match).

This pickup was re potted/waxed by Bare Knuckle pickups, so now it's basically a Bare Knuckles pickup inside of this guitar's stock pickup's case.

My babies:

Epi_dot.jpg

Left to right:

2012 Epiphone Dot. Not my first electric guitar, but the first one I really bonded with and the first one I've owned that I still have. Fitted with a generic Bigsby, a roller bridge, and Gibson 490R and 498T pickups. The original pickups were a bit dull and muddy, so I sought out something hot and bright to compensate for the loss of vibration to the semi-hollow body. Here's me improvising Basie's Blues on it:

Next is my Red Lester, which has been my main working guitar for a while. It's a 2015 Gibson Les Paul LPM, with Grover locking tuners, Duesenberg Les Trem II, roller bridge, Dietrich Parts String Butler, Zero Glide nut, and the circuit board from a Les Paul Standard giving me coil taps and a phase switch. It does pretty much everything I want it to. Heavy, though, and a very chunky neck. In the background you can see my Vintage V130, an inexpensive Les Paul Junior-style guitar with added generic Bigsby. The pickup is a beast but the frets are a bit uneven.

Third, my one departure from Gibson-style electrics - a Mexican-made Fender Strat Plus Top. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan Twangbanger, and I've wired it "Nashville style" - position 1 is the middle pickup and position 2 is the bridge pickup, so position 4 is neck and bridge together.

Fourth, my 2016 Les Paul Standard. An absolute peach of a guitar, bought with an inheritance from my mum so very special to me. Only modifications are strap locks and knob pointers. Here's me playing Need Your Love So Bad on it with my band:

Fifth, the latest addition to the family, a 2001 Les Paul Standard Plus Doublecut. I've done the Les Trem, roller bridge and String Butler thing with this one, and it's threatening to become my new main working guitar. I've had the controls rewired to be independent volume controls (no tone), with a push-pull phase switch. It doesn't have coil taps, but I hardly use them anyway, and it's much lighter and has a slimmer neck than the Red Lester.

Finally, my Taylor 210e DLX. another lovely guitar, with (gasp) no modifications at all!

Blonde2017a.jpg

Always loved the Knight!

Pip.

I better re-post it then (you must come and play it) as a LOT of posts in this thread have this 'posted image' BS; folks - check your past posts and see if the pics are still visible.

This could go on for ever.

Blonde2017a.jpg

Below; a good set-up.

Web_LPd.jpg

Blessed are those who can post photo's!msp_thumbup.gif

Finally I got my Imgur account back with the help of Rob, and I loaded all my guitars and camera photos on it so thats great. Now I can't figure out what to do next? It won't let me download a photo and I pushed every button it has. Maybe I need my son to help further. msp_confused.gif I just bought a Yamaha FG280-12 12 string Acoustic. Love the mellow tone.

Blessed are those who can post photo's!msp_thumbup.gif

Finally I got my Imgur account back with the help of Rob, and I loaded all my guitars and camera photos on it so thats great. Now I can't figure out what to do next? It won't let me download a photo and I pushed every button it has. Maybe I need my son to help further. msp_confused.gif I just bought a Yamaha FG280-12 12 string Acoustic. Love the mellow tone.

I've found after Photobucket gave me the run around, based on something someone on the internet once told me; Pintrest is now where to host pictures...

And to be honest, if it wasn't for Pintrest, I'd probably struggle to post pictures...

With Pintrest;

Step One: create a free account;

Step Two: upload a picture (these people call it uploading a pin)...

Step Three: save your uploaded pin/picture on Pintrest; you may need to come up with a gallery/name that Pintrest'll prompt you to do once you've uploaded.

Step Four: Click on it/your profile and you'd see your new gallery with uploaded picture.

It only takes one picture per upload, but once you've uploaded all that you want to share here...

Step Five: Click on the picture to open it on Pintrest; it'll open in a new tab on tabbed browsing.

Step Six: In that new Pintrest tab of your picture, right click, copy image address, then come here/where ever you want to share it, and paste the image address here, remembering the [ img ]your image address here[ / img ] image code of course.

Archived