Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Washburn Pawnshop find

bigtim

I thought the image would post in the thread but it did not so redoing it with the link. Anyways went out a few days ago and picked this up. It is a 1994 Washburn Custom Shop MG122 Artist. Plays really well. Came with the original case and trem bar as too. Seymour Duncan JB 59 Neck and a Pearly Gate Bridge pick ups in it with 5 way switch. And this is how it came stock. Has a narrow fret board with a little chunky neck. I must say it was the best deal I ever came across in a pawn shop. Just thought I would share.

https://imgur.com/6yryvf3

SBPe0z4.jpg

My brother gave me this last night. It's for his 11 year old granddaughter. I'm going to set it up and put 9's on it.

It plays fine though. I really don't think there are many bad guitars out there now. He paid £30 for it. He got a lead and tuner with it too.

SBPe0z4.jpg

My brother gave me this last night. It's for his 11 year old granddaughter. I'm going to set it up and put 9's on it.

It plays fine though. I really don't think there are many bad guitars out there now. He paid £30 for it. He got a lead and tuner with it too.

That is cool!!!

I've played some makes that I normally wouldn't even look at and they've played great. In fact the best guitars that I've ever picked up and thought WOW, were a Gibson Explorer in the 80's. I was visiting a flat of another band and it was their guitarists main guitar. It felt perfect. But I would't buy one. Then about 6 years ago a friend at a rehearsal I was at, had a Yamaha Ty Tabor RGX. I asked if I could try it and the neck was amazing. It fitted me like a glove. My Hamer Mirage is the closest to that feel.

Archived