Gibson Brands Forums

Mmmm...bursts!

Tim Plains

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you guys are killing me. Schweeeet axes everybody.

Jammer, that's some great eye candy Supremo.

Kubog, I can't believe you let that Honeyburst go. Great pic!

Chan, Saturn I love those studios! Nice guitars, brothers!

Too many to mention, but this is a great thread. I gotta go get my credit card now. =D>

Sweet AXE's, guys...all of 'em!!

She looks awsome... (Even the looser still looks great =P~ )

I still say you cheated! LOL

BTW...The cabinet will be here in two weeks!

Looking forward to some pictures...any my royalties!

It's hard to believe that you just started playing LP's a couple years ago...very nice collection for only a couple years deep! (checked out your "toys" section!) =P~

Didn't you just get your first Stratocaster w/in the last year or so as well? Out of curiosity' date=' what kind of guitars did you play prior to getting into LP's or your Strat (or various other new guitars or amps you have in your collection..sg/335/etc.)? Did you just start playing 2 years ago when you began this collection, or did you have a completely other collection prior to a couple years ago?

Most important: if you did in fact just start playing a couple years ago, could you please fill in the rest of us on how the rest of us can get our wives / girlfriends to be so understanding? =D> [/quote']

I actually started playing around '96/'97. Played for a couple years learning off other and reading tab, then got out of the band scene and became a loner. Work & life kind of took over and I didn't have much time to play anymore. I decided to really get back into it in early 2006 and bought my first Gibson, an SG Special. It served me well for around 1-1/2 years. Then I bought my first LP, the Custom. Shortly after, I traded my SG Special for an SG Standard, then I bought a LP Standard, etc, etc, now I have too many guitars!

From '96 - '06, I played a Fender Squire Strat through a Fender Princeton 112 solid-state amp. Big change, eh?

The only reason I even bought that Special was because my basement flooded and it ruined my Squire.

The wife - find yourself a music teacher...

Man' date=' you guys are killing me. Schweeeet axes everybody.

Jammer, that's some great eye candy Supremo.

Kubog, I can't believe you let that Honeyburst go. Great pic!

Chan, Saturn I love those studios! Nice guitars, brothers!

Too many to mention, but this is a great thread. I gotta go get my credit card now. :- [/quote']

Yeah old times, had no money. But I have R7 now, it roooooooocks =P~ Sorry it ain´t a burst but I had to! :D

30012009458.jpg?t=1235320718

(excuse those "rock sandals" :) )

Sweet AXE's' date=' guys...all of 'em!!

I actually started playing around '96/'97. Played for a couple years learning off other and reading tab, then got out of the band scene and became a loner. Work & life kind of took over and I didn't have much time to play anymore. I decided to really get back into it in early 2006 and bought my first Gibson, an SG Special. It served me well for around 1-1/2 years. Then I bought my first LP, the Custom. Shortly after, I traded my SG Special for an SG Standard, then I bought a LP Standard, etc, etc, now I have too many guitars!

From '96 - '06, I played a Fender Squire Strat through a Fender Princeton 112 solid-state amp. Big change, eh?

The only reason I even bought that Special was because my basement flooded and it ruined my Squire.

The wife - find yourself a music teacher...[/quote']

Makes perfect sense - life has a way of taking over sometimes. Either way you have some beautiful guitars, man...really just beautiful. What guitar / amp combination do you find yourself using the most?

Oh, on a side note, have you taken photography classes? You seem to have a talent for it.

is that yours?

if no: where can i buy it?

if yes1: i hate you.

if yes2: I'll give you

$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

For it.

very nice guitars :-

this is one's of mine.... the last one.. not fantastic like some of yours ..but it's ok

great sound !

greetings from Italy.. bye

visit me on youtube

2z4i9g9.jpg

2ijhiya.jpg

Yeah! Another Italian! i dont live in italy though. :-$

DBSupreme01.jpg

DBSupreme04.jpg

How would you guys judge the finish on this desertburst? :-k

Does anybody know if Gibson still makes the Supreme LP's?

Yup

very nice guitars :-

this is one's of mine.... the last one.. not fantastic like some of yours ..but it's ok

great sound !

greetings from Italy.. bye

visit me on youtube

2z4i9g9.jpg

2ijhiya.jpg

Yeah! Another Italian! i dont live in italy though. :-$

DBSupreme01.jpg

DBSupreme04.jpg

How would you guys judge the finish on this desertburst? :-k

Does anybody know if Gibson still makes the Supreme LP's?

Yup

I'v never seen the fireburst before now. I really like it. Reminds me of the flames they paint on hot rods. Also notice you got 2 different styles of knobs on it. I bet it would look great with black knobs. Match the open pickups.

Thanks Jammer. Its one of only 400 made as the Gibson Guitar of the Week 2007 Week #2. Its actually a special Fireburst. The normal one has black and red all around with the yellow in the middle.

It came with the top hat knobs. I changed them out to the speed knobs. Went with gold because it was closest to the amber. I may try black ones some time.

Thanks for the comments.

Here's one of my brand new (to me) 2008 R9 in gloss Tobacco Burst. It's a piece of work both to look at and to play.

EDIT: Those faint blue marks at about 10 o'clock are from my Wireless Router. (With gloss like this you've got to watch every reflection.) =D>

LP-Tobacco.jpg

Thanks Jammer. Its one of only 400 made as the Gibson Guitar of the Week 2007 Week #2. Its actually a special Fireburst. The normal one has black and red all around with the yellow in the middle.

It came with the top hat knobs. I changed them out to the speed knobs. Went with gold because it was closest to the amber. I may try black ones some time.

Thanks for the comments.

Thats interesting. Yea, I wouldn't like the black being all around.

I'v got a GOW also. A 2007 '67 Reissue SG Special. I don't remember what week it is.

Hey Jammer' date=' Just noticed you're in St. Louis also. Where? I'm in Affton. PM me if you don't want to post.[/quote']

Thats so cool. I'm about 20 miles west on 44 from you. I bet you know where GC in crestwood is. Thats where I go for gear.

Thats so cool. I'm about 20 miles west on 44 from you. I bet you know where GC in crestwood is. Thats where I go for gear.

Are you kidding... My twin 17 year old sons and I practically live there. One plays guitar one plays bass. They are always wanting to go there to check out guitars. They even have a few friends we bring along sometimes. Since I play, their friends know it will be easier to get me to take them instead of asking their parents. I don't mind, I love taking in the scenery also.

Archived