Gibson Brands Forums

Beatles question for the group.....

Jeffytune

I'm a Yankie, and I just don't find it that funny.

Making fun of other cultures/countries can be funny at times. I'm not a PC kinda person at all.

I just don't think this was one of those times...for me.

Everyone has their own idea of what "funny" is I guess. :-k

I watched a handful of his videos. At first I was trying to figure out if he had a particular political slant. He may, but he also slams both sides. Well, maybe one side more than the other. I guess I thought he was funny at first but it soon wore thin because he was coming across as sarcastic and condescending, satirizing something and then feeling the need to explain to us what he meant, since we were too stupid to pick up on the undercurrent in his message. And while I will admit that is 100% true in my thick headed case, I don't like being talked down to by someone who is supposed to be entertaining me.

Bottom line, I will pass.

...enjoyed this guy's Irish version of the Beatles.

Clearly, different strokes for different folks.

I'm of Irish descent and had to laugh at this interpretation. If you can't laugh at yourself, well... And personally I didn't find him or his performance to be making fun or condescending in any way. As always YMMV.

I'm of Irish descent and had to laugh at this interpretation. If you can't laugh at yourself, well... And personally I didn't find him or his performance to be making fun or condescending in any way. As always YMMV.

Of course these things are always relative to our own sense of humour and what rocks me back will just leave others flat.

I wasn't turned off by it from any reason of PC crap. Rather it just left me completely flat. I just didn't find it funny.

I just didn't find it funny.

I'm not astute enough to make multi quotes, but since you quoted me...

As I noted in my post YMMV. If we all had the same sense of humor, etc. life would be pretty boring now, wouldn't it? I can appreciate where you're coming from, and no harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.

Archived