Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinoyGibson

For the Carlos Santana fans

Just some highlights from Santana's concert here in our fair city of Calgary last night. Enjoy! :)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9zaHXl1zt4&t=109s[/media] Edited by PinoyGibson

Fantastic, I wish I'd been there, Santana are one of the very best live experience's you can go to, massively underrated. I hope they tour the U.K again soon.

Ian

Saw him in Hawaii when I was stationed there, and then again in Cali. I remember the conga solo lasting a small lifetime. I think Alex Ligertwood was singing for him. Is this the old band back together form the days before Neal and Gregg left to be in Journey when they were a real rock band and not the fluff they put out after Steve joined. Edited by FZ Fan

[quote name='IanHenry' timestamp='1520845614' post='1923226']
Fantastic, I wish I'd been there, Santana are one of the very best live experience's you can go to, massively underrated. I hope they tour the U.K again soon.

Ian
[/quote]

Santana's still got it and he rocked the place. I've always been a big fan of his melodic style of guitar playing, he just makes his guitar sing and cry and nothing beats seeing him live in action! 🤘🎸🎶🎸🤘

It is because of Mr. Santana that I am (trying to) learning guitar. I have seen him live 10-20 times and always a memorable, almost spiritual, experience. The last time I saw him was a couple years ago here in Lincoln. I knew it was going to be an unbelievable evening when he started with Toussaint L'Ouverture.

btw, I should have mentioned above. I am currently reading the Carlos Santana autobiography, "[url="https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tone-Bringing-Story-Light/dp/0316244902"]The Universal Tone. Bringing my story to light[/url]". Must reading for any Santana fan.

[quote name='matonanjin' timestamp='1521042622' post='1923744']
btw, I should have mentioned above. I am currently reading the Carlos Santana autobiography, "[url="https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Tone-Bringing-Story-Light/dp/0316244902"]The Universal Tone. Bringing my story to light[/url]". Must reading for any Santana fan.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I will check it out! :)

[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]Santana defined cool all the way from the start - remember the Woodstock performance. A tempest in space and time. [/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]I once saw him on a triple bill with Baez and Dylan. Should have heard him more over the years. [/size][/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]Your highlites tell it's not too late ^ [/size][/font] Edited by E-minor7

[quote name='E-minor7' timestamp='1521327051' post='1924428']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]Santana defined cool all the way from the start - remember the Woodstock performance. A tempest in space and time. [/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]I saw once him on a triple bill with Baez and Dylan. Should have heard him more over the years. [/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]Your highlites tell it's not too late ^ [/size][/font]
[/quote]

I'm just amazed at how much energy he's still got to play for over two hours and standing up the whole time. He's just as much of a hippie now as he was when he was younger, really cool! Makes me wonder if Jimi Hendrix would've ended up like him too if he managed to stay alive til the present day. [thumbup] Edited by PinoyGibson