Gibson Brands Forums

"Brain Damage"

BluesKing777

I just recorded my acoustic version of "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd....

Many would say it is entirely appropriate, but they haven' got me yet! Hahaha....

I think my acoustic sounds fabulous, and I won't tell you which one I played! [flapper]

BluesKing777.

Thanks JCV!

The guitar is my Maton SRS808 and its incredible pickup system (Maton AP5-Pro) plugged direct to my mixing desk, no gadgets, no eq change, no reverb - straight in. The vocal is through my Neumann KM184 with reverb...and some spill from the guitar.

BluesKing777.

Fantastic! That's a nice little bluesy number after all. Why stop there and not go right into Eclipse? Loved it as is, though.

Thanks Pitts!

I have done Eclipse after (at home) but prefer to go into Time and have done the heartbeat by tapping my thumb on the bridge.... [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Thanks Lars and BBG!

Now the bleed amount.....hmm, hard to pin.

So I sang into the mic with the pop filter on so I could get in fairly close, 4 or 5 inches out. If I had not plugged in, the guitar would be about 10% of the total mix.

But earlier, I had been playing the chords of that song and other bits and it sounded so good, I thought :’Better record it!’ Turned the mic on and away I went....

BluesKing777.

Good stuff Bk

Just how much bleed is there into the mic.?

Hardly sounds like a pickup at all that

For BBG, here are the chords with the Maton plugged direct to mixer, flat eq, no reverb, zip - didn't even tune it up...and no vocal mic even plugged in!

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/braindam-chords7c

BluesKing777.

Archived