Gibson Brands Forums

New Pearl Jam

Rabs

Pearl Jam confirm release of new album

The band's new single, "Can't Deny Me", serves as the first taste of the Lightning Bolt follow-up

Over the weekend, Pearl Jam released a brand new single exclusively to members of their official Ten Club fan club. The song, a politically charged rocker called “Can’t Deny Me”, has now received a wide release. It’s available on streaming platforms and digital retailers, including Pearl Jam’s website.

A press release confirms that “Can’t Deny Me” serves as the first preview of Pearl Jam’s new album, the follow-up to 2013’s Lightning Bolt. Written by Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready, the song was was recorded in Seattle in February of 2018 with producer Brendan O’Brien. The single’s artwork was created by Jeff Ament and Kevin Shuss.

Pearl Jam kick off a South American tour later this week. They also have shows scheduled for the UK, Europe, and North America in the coming months. See the full itinerary below, and grab tickets here.

arl Jam 2018 Tour Dates:

03/16 – Santiago, CL @ Lollapalooza Chile

03/18 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Lollapalooza Argentina

03/21 – Rio de Janeiro, BR @ Maracana Stadium

03/24 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Lollapalooza Brazil

06/12 – Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome

06/15 – Landgraaf, NL @ Pinkpop Festival

06/18 – London, UK @ O2 Arena

06/19 – London, UK @ O2 Arena

06/22 – Milan, IT @ I-Days Festival at Area Expo

06/24 – Padova, IT @ Stadio Euganeo

06/26 – Rome, IT @ Stadio Olimpico

07/01 – Prague, CZ @ O2 Arena

07/03 – Krakow, PL @ Tauron Arena

07/05 – Berlin, DE @ Waldbuhne

07/07 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter

07/10 – Barcelona, ES @ Palau St. Jordi

07/12 – Madrid, ES @ Mad Cool Festival

07/14 – Lisbon PT @ NOS Alive Festival

08/08 – Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field

08/10 – Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field

08/13 – Missoula, MT @ Washington Grizzly Stadium

08/18 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field

08/20 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field

09/02 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

09/04 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

I saw them at The University Of Hawaii when I was stationed there, when I was in the CG. It was on the tour for their first album. 10. After Vs, I lost interest in them.

Yeah.. Ten is the only album of theirs I listen too.. It has fond memories for me of going on my first lads holiday, we listened to it almost every day...

Bad Religion had Eddie Vedder guest on "Struck a nerve" (on "Recipe for hate", their last good album if you ask me).

Graffin possibly felt insecure, because the album sounds pretty good, except for Eddie's part!

I've only heard "Ten". (And "Jeremy" was competing with "Janie's got a gun".) Then Alice In Chains released "Dirt", and blew the competition out of the water.

Maybe I should check out more Pearl Jam albums?

I haven't heard any of their later stuff, but I thought their debut Ten was great. My favourite Pearl Jam album is Vs. by a long way. I used to enjoy playing guitar along to 'Go' and 'Animal' extremely loud in my bedroom as a teenager. They sort of dipped in the mid 90's as a band, but I do think Binaural (released in 2000) is great - this song especially...

Bad Religion had Eddie Vedder guest on "Struck a nerve" (on "Recipe for hate", their last good album if you ask me).

Graffin possibly felt insecure, because the album sounds pretty good, except for Eddie's part!

I've only heard "Ten". (And "Jeremy" was competing with "Janie's got a gun".) Then Alice In Chains released "Dirt", and blew the competition out of the water.

Maybe I should check out more Pearl Jam albums?

I saw Bad Religion on that tour if I recall corretley. Dirt is AIC's big one. After Vs. PJ never did anything I could give a rip about. I really do not understand why they are in the RNRHOF.

Archived