Gibson Brands Forums

Korean Sorrento

Californiaman

HI! New to group. I have a Sorrento  aqua. Bought it used. Love the playability.

It didn't have the scratchplate (pick guard)  Do you know where I can get one for it, braces too?

Whoops sorry I posted same thing a few minutes ago.

Edited by Atomicangel
double post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

First time poster here. 

I have 2 Peerless Sorrentos in my custody at the moment. A black one which is a friend's and a tobacco sunburst which is mine.

Both have needed tuning pegs replaced, not a big deal at all. 

However, both have developed a strange rattle and buzz that's coming from the electrics under the knobs - only occurs when playing certain frequencies.

I've brought one to a local shop (in Dublin, Ireland) and they couldn't find the problem.

Any ideas at all as to how to address this?

Thanks a mill!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, Kweev said:

Hello!

First time poster here. 

I have 2 Peerless Sorrentos in my custody at the moment. A black one which is a friend's and a tobacco sunburst which is mine.

However, both have developed a strange rattle and buzz that's coming from the electrics under the knobs - only occurs when playing certain frequencies.

I've brought one to a local shop (in Dublin, Ireland) and they couldn't find the problem.

Thanks a mill!

I had this issue with a 96 Korean Sorrento. At first I thought it was the bridge or the tailpiece, but it was definitely something inside. In the end I replaced all of the electronics and that solved the problem. I've also replaced the pickups with p-90 sized humbuckers and replaced the tailpiece with a Bigsby. The bridge pickup also needed a large wedge of shims to be close enough to the strings.

When I was 12 years old I would hang out at the music store down the street from me- close enough to ride my bike and bother the guys hanging out- i couldnt even play anything, i just looked at the stuff on the wall. One day they had a case lying on the ground, a guitar they hadn't put out yet. It was a korean Sorrento in burgandy mist with the epi bigsby. My 12yo self thought it was horrible- a pink guitar! 

Now it's my grail! 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:44 AM, Kweev said:

Hello!

First time poster here. 

Thanks a mill!

I had a bad rattle in mine - my tech discovered one of the pickups bobbins had come loose.

a little super glue did the trick.

i would NEVER replace these P90s - they are SCREAMERS!