Gibson Brands Forums

Which guitars would you grab in a fire

Rabs

Did anyone actually watch the video I posted?

Sorry Rabs. I just got so bored after 30 seconds [blush]

But also actually the main reason I posted the vid is cos he brings out the Greeny/Moore burst and I thought that would be of interest to some.

Its too bloody good for him.

I guess its my fault cos of the thread title, but in the vid they talked about the fires in LA and that he actually had fair warning to leave his house... It wasn't on fire so he had time to grab some stuff before.

But also actually the main reason I posted the vid is cos he brings out the Greeny/Moore burst and I thought that would be of interest to some.

Sorry brother. I did not watch the video. [blush]

Shoot - if I had advance warning I would get a big truck and take all my gear with me [biggrin]

Oh, and the wife too. She's wonderful - she would help me load my gear [love]

...Did anyone actually watch the video I posted?...

Yes, of course.

As a huge PG fan I was intrigued by the whole thing.

And yes, as you say, the forest fires were encroaching but not with lightning speed so the whole point of the dialogue was probably missed by those who simply replied to the question asked in the title.

As for Kirk Hammett being too bad / too good / too whatever else to own 'Greeny'? At least he appreciates it and uses it.

He might not be PG and he certainly came across (to me) as more of a Gary Moore fan than a PG fan but how can we complain? He uses it; he loves it; he appreciates it and he lets audiences hear it. He might not be Peter Green but then again; neither was Gary Moore.

Eh?

Pip.

Yes, of course.

As a huge PG fan I was intrigued by the whole thing.

And yes, as you say, the forest fires were encroaching but not with lightning speed so the whole point of the dialogue was probably missed by those who simply replied to the question asked in the title.

As for Kirk Hammett being too bad / too good / too whatever else to own 'Greeny'? At least he appreciates it and uses it.

He might not be PG and he certainly came across (to me) as more of a Gary Moore fan than a PG fan but how can we complain? He uses it; he loves it; he appreciates it and he lets audiences hear it. He might not be Peter Green but then again; neither was Gary Moore.

Eh?

Pip.

Well exactly.. If anyone has earned the right, as if anyone needed a right, he has... And really who would we rather owned it... A non player type who just bought it as an investment.. Joe B ? (who seems to own just about every other vintage guitar and amp worth owning) [crying] :)

I guess its my fault cos of the thread title, but in the vid they talked about the fires in LA and that he actually had fair warning to leave his house... It wasn't on fire so he had time to grab some stuff before.

Sorry I didn't watch it either. i watched the California fires on the news, and since we have time to take a butt load of stuff out it would be different. the wife and dog would be still first but she could help take stuff out. The guitars and amps, and my firearms collection as I'm a collector of quite a bit, and she would be taking out cloths and her quilts till the 2 SUV's were full.

Well, around 8:00 into the video, Kirk says the neck on Greeny was broken and repaired, and that whenever a LP gets the head repaired it sounds better than before! IDK if that's true or not. But it's funny, in another Thread, I stated that I would buy a LP with a properly repaired headstock if the price was 50% cheaper. Some other member, who isn't here anymore rolleyes.gif, basically ridiculed my statement. Think I'll take Kirk's word over his. eusa_think.gif

Oh. and if I'm saving one guitar it is surely the R7.

Archived