Gibson Brands Forums

£11,000 PRS guitar stolen from Peach Guitars in England

Riffster

Yikes, that happened super quickly! the shop did not realize it was gone until a week later, (I checked the news to see if they have been caught but looks like that is not the case).

That's an expensive guitar and by the manufacture date seems has been hanging for a year as it is. I hope they recover it.

https://youtu.be/4applk_4Xs4

P.S. that's still a horrible headstock shape.

Wow!

That sucks big time. Stolen to order, perhaps? It's such a very distinctive guitar that it would be hard to sell on eBay or other similar website.

I sincerely hope someone recognises the two perpetrators and they get their just desserts.

Pip.

That is some loss!

They have excellent pictures of the culprits and that surely is going to be a big help in tracking them down.

A £1000 reward available too. Unfortunately, I don't know who the culprits are!

Stolen to order, perhaps?

Pip.

That could be very well the case.

I was simply stunned how quickly they picked it up and hid it.

If it wasn't for the cameras they would have never figured out what happened.

Wow!

That sucks big time. Stolen to order, perhaps? It's such a very distinctive guitar that it would be hard to sell on eBay or other similar website.

I sincerely hope someone recognises the two perpetrators and they get their just desserts.

Pip.

Was my thought exactly. I've known some... unsavoury individuals in my life that explained the concept of stolen to order to me. Unfortunately, I doubt this guitar will ever be seen again.

There is a long thread about this on The Fretboard (UK guitar forum) - apparently they have stolen saxophones or flutes too from other shops....

The story turned up earlier this week on BBC news website.

Archived