Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cougar

Another 12-string

I'd definitely go for a Gibson Songwriter 12-string, but they just don't come up in my price range very often.

Meanwhile I see on ebay this couple-year-old, darn good looking Martin 12-string - GPC12PA4 - going for less than half its price new. Had to leave a staff meeting at work to snipe in my final bid, which was just enough, and about a week later I had me a delivery. The neck had a huge bow in it, so it needed a serious setup. Just got it back from my local luthier a few days ago. It is very cool! For a little OM-size 12er, this thing puts out some sounds! Sitka over sapele. I even like the nice dark richlite fretboard. It's nothing like the jumbo Guilds, of course, but fun to play!

mar015.jpg

mar020.jpg

mar023.jpg

The last thing in the world I need is another 12 string. The one's I have get less playing time than they deserve. That said, I've heard you play, and you're just gonna love that thing, I can tell. Congrats on something that suits you to a T.

Edit: spelling, jeez.

Edited by Dennis G

.....you're just gonna love that thing, I can tell. Congrats on something that suits you to a T.....

Thanks, Dennis, and everyone else. I appreciate the appreciation! It's a very well made, tight little instrument. Nothing super special about it. Fun to play. But my main 12-string is the Guild jumbo JF30-12. It is totally awesome....

jib786.jpg

What a great deal and beautiful guitar. congrats and enjoy. I've thought about another 12 to replace the one I sold. Guild D-125-12 and Seagull Coast Line S12 are in my mind, They said the Seagull with Spruce top and Wild Cherry sides and back has a lovely sound. I haven't seen or played either here, Thoughts? I like the deep and mid range tones, thats why I got rid of my Mitchell 12. It was cheap.