Gibson Brands Forums

Easily-angered Craigslist guy

sparquelito

I sold a guitar on Gumtree ('our' uk Craigslist).

It wasn't a pleasant experience. There are some genuine people, there are some scammers, but most of all there are time-wasters ;).

Like the one who wanted more pictures (for Crystsake, I posted ten!) yeah but I want a picture that shows the action (I dont deal in those sort of pictures mate. Look, you're 10 minutes away, come and have a bloody look!)

Several years ago, while taking care of my father's estate, I was doing a lot of business on CL. Selling antiques/collectibles. For the most part I met some really cool people who turned into friends. Other than obvious scammers, I can't say I ever dealt with a true jerk.

One kind of funny story. My dad must have had 1000 plastic milk crates. Not exaggerating. He made them into shelves, used them for storage, but many were just piled up and strewn about. My partner and I were saying "what are we going to do with all these crates"? Then he found an ad on CL of some guy asking for milk crates! We called him and made arrangements. For about 2 weeks, we would pile the crates up on the side of the house and he would load up his SUV. I would text him when they were ready and he would text me after he picked them up until they were mostly gone. All without ever meeting the guy in person. smile.gif

Several years ago, while taking care of my father's estate, I was doing a lot of business on CL. Selling antiques/collectibles. For the most part I met some really cool people who turned into friends. Other than obvious scammers, I can't say I ever dealt with a true jerk.

One kind of funny story. My dad must have had 1000 plastic milk crates. Not exaggerating. He made them into shelves, used them for storage, but many were just piled up and strewn about. My partner and I were saying "what are we going to do with all these crates"? Then he found an ad on CL of some guy asking for milk crates! We called him and made arrangements. For about 2 weeks, we would pile the crates up on the side of the house and he would load up his SUV. I would text him when they were ready and he would text me after he picked them up until they were mostly gone. All without ever meeting the guy in person. smile.gif

That's the very best story ever, and a perfect capper to this thread.

Thank you for that.

[tongue]

Archived