Gibson Brands Forums

Custom '68 Antique Pelham Blue RI pics

BIGBENDS

At your request Gromaj, some pics. I never named a guitar before this one, but I call her Medusa. Some like the color, some don't, but she'll turn you to stone.

Is this a deep carve maple top or is it an illusion from the finish?

DSCF2676_2.jpg

The binding stands out beautifully against the finish.

DSCF2726.jpg

The Custom Logo

DSCF2728.jpg

Headstock. I broke a string right before I photographed her. Forgive me for being too lazy to restring it.

DSCF2730.jpg

Thickness

DSCF2735.jpg

Medusa's Backside. A good name for a band? How about Medusa's Mirror?

DSCF2740.jpg

I hope you guys & gals enjoyed the pics. Sorry for the large file size. I hope it wasn't too inconvenient for anyone. Gromaj? Manflan? Next.

Aged by you or a by Gibson design? What did the blue look like? Either way' date=' looks great...[/quote']

Well, thanks LPguitarman. Aged by Gibson. I guess the proper term would be antiqued by Gibson. This is what the Pelham Blue looks like.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Dave-Grohl-Signature-SemiHollowbody-Electric-Guitar?sku=515608

:-k#-o#-o=D>=D>

That's what I am talking about BIGBENDS! Thanks for the pics. The weather was not conducive to taking new pics today, but I bet I have some that I have not uploaded.

I love how the light creates a golden glow on the Antique Pelham Blue. I agree with LPguitarman, I actually like the Antique Pelham Blue over the regular Pelham Blue (I am sure that is blasphemy to some).

:- =P~=D>=D>=D>

That's what I am talking about BIGBENDS! Thanks for the pics. The weather was not conducive to taking new pics today' date=' but I bet I have some that I have not uploaded.

I love how the light creates a golden glow on the Antique Pelham Blue. I agree with LPguitarman, I actually like the Antique Pelham Blue over the regular Pelham Blue (I am sure that is blasphemy to some). [/quote']

LoL. I posted on your thread before I read your post here. Looks like we had the same thought. Thanks for the compliments Gromaj, phil325, LPguitarman. You guys Rock!...and roll.

Ahhhh. Silverlester. Thank you, brother. Yeah, she's got Big Block muscle! LoL. Now that you mention it, with the top carve and paint she looks kinda like the body lines on a 1960's muscle car. Good observation. Thank you!

Thanks to all of you good guys for the compliments or just visiting.thumbsup2.gif

Archived