Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! New Gibson...but I'm concerned ***UPDATE*** Shout out to Rick and Leitz Music!

jjrpilot

Hi All!

Well I'm sure you all remember my post about 1.5 weeks ago:

The old NGD

Here's the update. I had worked with a gentleman by the name of Rick who works at Leitz Music in Pensacola, FL. His store is an official Gibby dealer. When I received the above guitar with the "ridge" I called him the next day and let him know what I had found and why I was concerned. He didn't ask ONE question, nor did he say or even HINT of accusing me of some wrong doing on my part. That was such a relief. He said to ship it back as Leitz has a great return policy.

Rick paid for the shipping back and promptly sent out another new J-45. This one arrived today and is perfect.

I can't recommend Rick and Leitz Music enough. If you are looking for a Gibson, and are willing to buy site unseen, trust me, Leitz Music will take care of you. Places like this deserve business.

Below are pics of my new J-45 and it sounds like dark chocolate!

RyruOmll.jpg

KbPMH5vl.jpg

Glad it worked out. I have not been able to bring myself to lay out my hard earned scratch on a guitar I had not held in my sweaty little hands first. I have, however, bought basket cases which were unplayable so also required a leap of faith.

Not sure about the "choclatey" thing though.

Thought the dealer name was familiar. I purchased my J-45 from them at a Bee-Three show in 2014. It is the 5-star dealer “custom” model for that year. I meant to stop in last time I was near the Panhandle but never did...next time!

Archived