Gibson Brands Forums

72 Tele thinline RI.

bassetman

My name is Tom....I have a Guitar Problem. It is SWEET. The Fender Pickups sounds good. It has the 7.25” radius neck and a chunky profile. I hauled it in for 300. It was simpler to make a harness than work out what the previous was attempting.

I put the Babicz saddles on. Most of the originals were stripped in at least on screw.

U1oAi1I.jpg

2SbALcj.jpg

Q9KBnKt.jpg

My name is Tom....I have a Guitar Problem. It is SWEET. The Fender Pickups sounds good. It has the 7.25” radius neck and a chunky profile. I hauled it in for 300. It was simpler to make a harness than work out what the previous was attempting.

I put the Babicz saddles on. Most of the originals were stripped in at least on screw.

Those are stunning looking gits!

I have not wieghd it, but it’s light. The pickups really are expressive they grow on you. I keep thinking SD P-Rails though. The electrics and the bridge were hacked at by an ape. The rest is pristine

Thanks all. I’ve just played it most of the night. Outside of wanting some taller frets this is a great Guitar. After a much needed neck adjust action is quite low..about 1.2 mm on low E no buzzes at all. Plays all the way up and down without any fret outs that these necks are renowned for. Mid neck bends are nice but I need to get used to the radius...I keep losing strings. ;) I’m not in love with the tuners, split shaft vintage type, but it solidly stays in tune.. yes 300 bucks. It had no output. It has the three bolt neck that I’ll replace with a warmouth in the fat back profile to get some fancy wood and frets I prefer. Could be awhile till I put it down though. Sounds good through the 65 deluxe. :) have a good day.

Archived