Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Larsongs

Has Gibson stopped ES Les Pauls???

Has Gibson stopped making them????

I was watching some YouTubes of Carl Perkins & he was playing a Gibson Goldtop Les Paul with P90's & Bigsby..... He was getting an amazing Sound out of that Guitar!!!!!!! I started Gassing!!! There are several of his YouTubes with that Guitar but "Everybodys Trying To Be My Baby" really showed the Sound he was getting & with just a Guitar & an Amp!

I would rather have one in the form of an ES Les Paul though as I don't want another Anchor!!! My Solid Body LP is 9 1/2 lbs. my Jr. Special is about 8 lbs. But my Blacktop ES LP with Bigsby is about 6 lbs. & now I'm spoiled!!!!

Lars

Edited by Larsongs

2016 was the ES LP year but they are still there in the product listings, I just checked.

2 f-hole LPs called 'Supremes' and 3 at least under the ES category, says they are limited runs.

Unclear whether they are still making them this year though, perhaps not for the moment. Should think there are still some out there in the shops.

It's been such a successful model I am sure they will do another series sometime.

Goldtop ES-LP with Bigsby from 2016..... [love]

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/ES-Les-Paul-Gold-top-P-90-w-Bigsby-VOS.aspx

2016 was the ES LP year but they are still there in the product listings, I just checked.

2 f-hole LPs called 'Supremes' and 3 at least under the ES category, says they are limited runs.

Unclear whether they are still making them this year though, perhaps not for the moment. Should think there are still some out there in the shops.

It's been such a successful model I am sure they will do another series sometime.

Goldtop ES-LP with Bigsby from 2016..... [love]

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/ES-Les-Paul-Gold-top-P-90-w-Bigsby-VOS.aspx

I would love to find a mint Used one like that. The perfect mate to my Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul w/ Bigsby & MHS Piclups...

I would love to find a mint Used one like that. The perfect mate to my Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul w/ Bigsby & MHS Piclups...

A great idea. I didn't realize you could breed them. [mellow]

Very nice indeed.

Nice Guitar! Enjoy.

I played one my friend had & it was nice but it wasn't for me.. I already have an ES335 & it's too much like it only smaller.

I'm really liking the ES Les Paul with Bigsby. Plays great, looks killer in Tuxedo Black & the MHS Pickups are the best since 1959! The light weight is especially nice for playing 3,4 hours or more. Very comfortable.

Don't know about ES Les Pauls but around here there are only two guitar stores after a merger. Disturbing that neither seem to stock Gibsons to any great extent; one store has three available the other four. Quite the reverse from a few years ago. Even Epiphones no longer seem to be on the list.

The way it's going around this neck of the woods, if you want a new Gibby grab 'em quick or keep searching the used market.

Sorry to hear. Many of the Stores here are reducing or have reduced Inventories of high end Guitars. A lot of Entry level to moderate price range Guitars & Amps. Some of the Stores don't do Set Ups or even tune them anymore?

Strange state we're in right now. But understandable given the state of the Music Biz & particularly Guitar driven Music.