Gibson Brands Forums

Fulltone Full Drive 2 mosfet pedal

Hthomas

Hey everyone, I was wondering does anyone have the Fulltone Full Drive 2 mosfet overdrive pedal?

Also there are 2 I've seen 2 different ones. there is a Fulltone Full Drive 2 and a Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet. The only difference I see in them are the Mosfet has white nobs. are there any sound differences?

http://www.grandmas.com/shop/images/FulltoneFull-Drive2.jpg

http://matthewrestored.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/fulltone_fulldrive2-_lg.jpg

Hey everyone' date=' I was wondering does anyone have the Fulltone Full Drive 2 mosfet overdrive pedal?

Also there are 2 I've seen 2 different ones. there is a Fulltone Full Drive 2 and a Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet. The only difference I see in them are the Mosfet has white nobs. are there any sound differences?

http://www.grandmas.com/shop/images/FulltoneFull-Drive2.jpg

http://matthewrestored.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/fulltone_fulldrive2-_lg.jpg[/quote']

I use the Fulldrive II mosfet. It's an incredible pedal that sounds good on a clean amp or an overdriven amp. Most people think it's just a great overall overdrive but there are a few who think it's kind of plain sounding. I'll tell you it's not plain sounding at all with the mosfet version even for those people. You have a mid boost/cut & comp and vintage/modern switch options. It works nicely as a boost pedal and great as an overdrive.

It really is a great pedal and plays nicely with any amp. That's an important feature for me because I use a lot of amps. It's a really great pedal, second only to my Maxon OD820.

Now we're talking Maxon OD820 here. It's the best overdrive pedal in the world. I've done extensive comparison between the two and the Maxon wins every time.

Additionally, the Maxon OD9 is a little better in terms of tone than the Fulldrive. It's more comparable to the Fulldrive than the OD820. It's a little compressed like the Fulldrive, whereas the OD820 is not compressed at all. It's a little thicker and a little bit more character than the Fulldrive. That's what makes it a slightly better pedal in my opinion, however, the Fulldrive is more versatile.

I suggest you really take a look at the Maxon pedals but if you go with the Fulldrive I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's a great all around pedal.

Thanks for the great info, Six, I've been looking at the Fulldrive 2 for some time, but wasn't sure what I was getting into. I've always loved the simplicity of a basic Tube Screamer, and the Maxon OD820 looks to be pretty much the same deal. The OD9 and the old & RI Ibanez Tube Screamers look identical, what's the deal on that?

I use the Fulldrive II mosfet. It's an incredible pedal that sounds good on a clean amp or an overdriven amp. Most people think it's just a great overall overdrive but there are a few who think it's kind of plain sounding. I'll tell you it's not plain sounding at all with the mosfet version even for those people. You have a mid boost/cut & comp and vintage/modern switch options. It works nicely as a boost pedal and great as an overdrive.

It really is a great pedal and plays nicely with any amp. That's an important feature for me because I use a lot of amps. It's a really great pedal' date=' second only to my Maxon OD820.

Now we're talking Maxon OD820 here. It's the best overdrive pedal in the world. I've done extensive comparison between the two and the Maxon wins every time.

Additionally, the Maxon OD9 is a little better in terms of tone than the Fulldrive. It's more comparable to the Fulldrive than the OD820. It's a little compressed like the Fulldrive, whereas the OD820 is not compressed at all. It's a little thicker and a little bit more character than the Fulldrive. That's what makes it a slightly better pedal in my opinion, however, the Fulldrive is more versatile.

I suggest you really take a look at the Maxon pedals but if you go with the Fulldrive I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's a great all around pedal.[/quote']

thanks, is there any difference in the 2 that I posted links to? the mosfet and the one with out mosfet

Thanks for the great info' date=' Six, I've been looking at the Fulldrive 2 for some time, but wasn't sure what I was getting into. I've always loved the simplicity of a basic Tube Screamer, and the Maxon OD820 looks to be pretty much the same deal. The OD9 and the old & RI Ibanez Tube Screamers look identical, what's the deal on that? [/quote']

Maxon is the original maker of the tube screamer. Ibanez got the rights to make copies of it and started doing that. They never quite did as good of a job as Maxon did or still does. They're not bad though if you're on a budget. I have Maxon overdrives but I still use Ibanez effects for delay, flanger and chorus. They do the job because I like subtle effects and I get by just fine with them. Even so, I still want to get my hands on one of those expensive Maxon delays.

thanks' date=' is there any difference in the 2 that I posted links to? the mosfet and the one with out mosfet[/quote']

The one with the sparkly paint has a couple of switches that I mentioned in my first response. I think it has a little more gain too than the other.

Archived