Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson ES-355

alpine

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here is a overlay of my neck and the whitewood neck' date=' not that it means anything but there is a difference.

[img']http://mysite.verizon.net/buster167/OverlayALNeck-1.jpg[/img]

I know they are not perfectly aligned but a small difference . :D :D :D :D

My to say that is a small difference is to say that the volute is on the correct side of the Nut . :D :D

I guess when customer support fails , and the people that pick up the phones for service fails ,

most would give up . Yet , NYS Attorney General , simply said " This advertisment clearly says VOS .

"Why did they change the add ?" " Read Admins untimely response , just an error "

" Well he agrees you can't advertise something then remove Part nor Any of the advertisment that

states what you bought is not what you received , well unless you get a full refund , or it is fraud "

He can't believe a guitar Cost me 3700.00 bucks in the first place and after reading what VOS means

he does believe anyone would be entiltled to a complete refund. The fine Gibson faces is much higher

than the cost of the guitar .

After you sell something as advertised , it must be as advertised . It is not legal to mislead someone ,

purposely , and or " accidently " other than Errors in THE add itself that are promptly reworded including Reference

the the " error ". There are other exceptions that have to do

with newspapers and rewording the add within a certian period of time .

The AG's do the paper work and legal work free for you . I will post my experience .

Finally , a sigh of relief and accountability .

The State in which you reside is where you use the legal rights from .

If not , you use Federal which is about the same just harder to understand , and Federal Law

Trumps State Law .

It was way worth the forty five minutes and to see proffessionals laughing , scratching their head , and

telling me , " IF we did not see all of this ourselves, we would not believe it .

He has heard of GIbson guitars but had no idea how much they could cose . :-k

Fight the VOS to buy time , but a painstaking recreation would also be misleading as he said

the pain I see here is not only the lack VOS , but how painful the Volute looks according to the real volute .

I go to sign and bring my documents tomorrow . Packing the guitar as soon as I log off . :D

/Cheers

Oh , I also forgot . I was told to look them up here also .

Full link , without highlights , from the BBB reports 12398

Sure not many complaints but WHO takes the time to report these ??

HHMM according to some only 10 would /cough , I think 300 should TODAY .

VOS anyone ??

Painstaking recreation anyone ??

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

Media Contacts

Contact Us Find a BBB Site Map For Consumers For Businesses For Charities and Donors About Us News Center

BBB Reliability Report for

Gibson Guitar Corporation BBB Rating Unsatisfactory

BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Name: Gibson Guitar Corporation

Phone: (615) 871-4500

Fax: (615) 889-5509

Address: 309 Plus Park Blvd

Nashville, TN 37210

http://www.musicyo.com

Original Business Start Date: January 1894

Principal: Mr. Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman

Customer Contact: Mr. Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman - (615) 000-0000

TOB Classification: Musical Instruments-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Internet Shopping Services, Musical Instruments-Dealers

BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names

Gibson Administration

Gibson Musical Instruments

Norlin Industries

MusicYo.com

Gibson Guitar Corporation

Principal Officer

Mr. Henry Juszkiewicz is the Chairman of the company.

Customer Service Contact

Mr. Henry Juszkiewicz is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at (615) 000-0000 before filing a complaint with the BBB.

Nature Of Business

This company is engaged in the manufacture and sale of musical instruments.

According to BBB files, MusicYo is a division of Gibson Music Instruments. MusicYo offers the sale of musical goods over the internet.

BBB maintains a seperate file on Gibson Musical Instruments which is available upon request.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims BBB Definition:

advertising claims - The BBB reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of Advertising which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media.

that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the BBB due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

some complaints presented by the BBB, however, the BBB did not receive a response to other complaints BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 8 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 8 complaints closed in 36 months, 6 were closed in the last year.

Advertising Issues BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.

Sales Practice Issues BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Repair Issues BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, or inferior workmanship.

Product Issues BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.

3 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Mr. David Berryman - President

Mr. William Antonance - Coo

Additional Contact Information

Additional Addresses

1818 Elm Hill Pike

Nashville, TN 37210

645 Massman Dr

Nashville, TN 37210

Additional Phone Numbers

Tel: (800) 444-2766

Tel: (615) 000-0000

Additional Fax Numbers

Fax: (615) 872-7768

Fax: (615) 884-9445

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.

If you choose to do business with this business, please let the business know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report BBB Definition:

Report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

ID: 12398

Report as of October 2, 2008 00:04

Copyright© 2008 Better Business Bureau

Send to:

Printer | Email

Privacy Policy Trademarks Terms of Use

© 2008 Council of Better Business Bureaus

" Well he agrees you can't advertise something then remove Part nor Any of the advertisment that

states what you bought is not what you received ' date=' well unless you get a full refund , or it is fraud "

He can't believe a guitar Cost me 3700.00 bucks in the first place and after reading what VOS means

he does believe anyone would be entiltled to a complete refund. The fine Gibson faces is much higher

than the cost of the guitar .

After you sell something as advertised , it must be as advertised .

[/quote']

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more foolish...

Look, why didn't you get a full refund from your local store the second you opened the case? My local place gives you 30 DAYS to get a full refund if you're not happy.

I know you're making yourself feel good by speaking Truth to Power, but it's lapsed into self-parody at this point.

somehow i feel sure that Lerxst Lee's conversation with the NYSAG did not include him reiterating these words from his July 12 post:

I would return most items over 100 bucks if it was not correct . Imo , Thats my short answer .

If I only have 48 hours to send something back , and only about 2 hours to try it , Don't count on it making it back in time . A nice check of my new guitar " overall " is sufficient for me .

a VOS finish or lack thereof would be obvious upon opening the case...you wouldn't even have to take the guitar out to see if the finish/hardware were lightly aged. 48 hours, or even 2 hours, should be plenty of time to look and make a decision about keeping or not keeping an instrument.

and considering the thousands upon thousands of guitars we sell every year, i don't think that BBB report looks all that bad.

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more foolish...

Look' date=' why didn't you get a full refund from your local store the second you opened the case? My local place gives you 30 DAYS to get a full refund if you're not happy.

I know you're making yourself feel good by speaking Truth to Power, but it's lapsed into self-parody at this point.[/quote']

AMEN! This horse has been flogged WAY past death. If you don't like it, sell it & move on to something else.

I own a 356 and I unfortunately have to sell it to make way for the Axcess. (After buying the Lifeson and now the Axcess, I have to get rid of something and it won't be any of my Les Pauls).

Anyway, owing a 356 I would have to say it might be difficult to do. My 356 and several I have played, the neck angle in relationship to the body is in such a way that the tailpiece is clamped down on the body and the bridge is very low. For a stop tailpiece set up this is ideal and these guitars play fantasitcally because of this. I just don't know how well a Floyd would work under these conditions. Also, you only have the center block supporting the bridge. However, remember that Lifeson had a Kahler on his 355, so it might work. However, a Kahler is much different from a floyd rose and what has to be done to the body to accomodate probably would not work.

As today is the last day for this thread, I will see you on the Lifeson In Action thread which is where I think we should continue more useful discussions of this guitar.

A Floyd will not work on it. You would be cutting out most of the center block just for the springs.

With a Kahler you would only need to cut a hole about 3/4" of a inch deep in the top and into the centerblock.

True, but what a concept for an all new guitar from Gibson, a 356 shaped semi-hollow with an enlarged center block around the area that would house the Floyd. That would be sweet.

Great idea on the "lifeson in action" thread, Wondo, and let's make the rule right away not one word about the volute! Only constructive posts on the AL-355 doing what it does best, playing and sounding great. BTW just finished re-doing the guitar part on my band's recorded session of Strangiato this morning with AL-124, this guitar continues to amaze me on how good it sounds recorded. Un-friggin-believable tones. I had originally done that session with a 2002 red 355 which I sold to get the AL-355. That guitar sounded great, but this one is better.

Archived