Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson ES-355

alpine

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey turkeyt, (have you been to Rushcon?) I do still have the Taurus pedals, but use an Akai sampler with midi pedals now(more sounds and samples)...too much work to drag around the old taurus pedals. No, I don't have the H&K sig amp. I actually haven't even touched switchblade since I bought it..I got it because of Allan Holdsworth using them in his live setup. I've used it some for recording. (I use a Bruce Egnater preamp)I'm not trying to copy Alex anymore..just still have all of this stuff from doing the Rush tribute for so many years(since 1992.) Anyway, having an Alex sig white 355 is a childhood dream for all of us! Can't believe it's actually happened..I look in the music mail order catalogs and still can't believe my eyes when I see it in there!!

So it looks like the guitar has shipped from Gibson--musiciansfriend and music123 (they're the same company) are showing it in stock. I haven't heard anything from the dealer I ordered mine from. But the guitars have obviously been produced and have started to ship.

Hey turkeyt' date=' (have you been to Rushcon?) I do still have the Taurus pedals, but use an Akai sampler with midi pedals now(more sounds and samples)...too much work to drag around the old taurus pedals. No, I don't have the H&K sig amp. I actually haven't even touched switchblade since I bought it..I got it because of Allan Holdsworth using them in his live setup. I've used it some for recording. (I use a Bruce Egnater preamp)I'm not trying to copy Alex anymore..just still have all of this stuff from doing the Rush tribute for so many years(since 1992.) Anyway, having an Alex sig white 355 is a childhood dream for all of us! Can't believe it's actually happened..I look in the music mail order catalogs and still can't believe my eyes when I see it in there!![/quote']

I assumed the Switchblade was also an Alex-inspired purchase -- saw an ad where he raves about it and he's using a couple on the current tour as well....

Looks like all the big boxes are getting the al's first so much for fair but if you bought yours at musicians freind or guitar center your in luck........those who bought from the local gibson (small buisness owner) will get the higher numbers ....Tnx gibson

Just confirmed my order is being labeled & shipped out tomorrow 04/25/2008 as Musicians Friend recieved thier allocation from Gibson today... Yayyyy!! Cant wait I will be stalking my UPS driver...early next week...The worst part is having to wait over the weekend knowing that "its in the mail".

Aloha

Just sitting here looking at some pictures of the restoration that Freddy Gabrsek did on Alex's 355. I think we have him to thank for the white color and not that cream color it was before the restoration.

I have to check in the morning and see if my dealer know when he is getting them in.

I got a message from MusiciansFriend yesterday to say that the expected delivery was still 04/30/08........looks like they arrived as he was typing my email out.........

Anyhow I'm getting mine through another shop..........can't wait to see photos and full report.

Just need confirmation mines arrived and I can book my flights..........YEH....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manoarain - make sure those guys give it a good checkin' over and check the setup, I know it should come pretty much bang on but I reckon a big outfit like MusiciansFreind/GuitarCentre will just want to get them to all the nagging customers.........

The guys I'm getting mine through said they'll get them all in stock then test & play the lot acoustically & through a selection of amps to pick out the best players for players. Even though I'm sure the whole 300 will be lovely sounding guitars with awesome tone they would prefer the best sounding to go to players and the "lesser" (even though still great......) will go to the purchasers who are collectors.........!!!!!

Good Luck with it and we'll all look forward to seeing plenty photos once you've give it a polish....................

It'll depend on when we can get flights but I planning to arrive around 2nd/3rd June and stay in Boulder, do some cycling around the outskirts of town, then catch Rush at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison on Thurs 5th June.........

I just hope they come in to Wildwood in time or I'll be gutted as to see Rush on the same trip at Red Rocks would be top..................

Archived