Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson ES-355

alpine

Hope it arrives in time mate.............I just want to see them over there, I was banking on Toronto in July but as I'm picking up the guitar I may as well go to Red Rocks...

Toronto I'll leave until the next tour, thats only if I've any money left after this excursion and its not completely skint me...!!!!!

Come on Admin give us the nod....??????????

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enduroexpert, this will be the 3rd time I've seen Rush at Red Rocks - you're in for a treat! The R30 tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen there. We should organize a 355 owners club meeting at the show, and have a few celebration beers together. Cheers!

Hello Admin:

Would you know if the guitars that have been made are going to the shops that have peoples deposits or do they just go to the Guitar Center first as they're the BIG Gibson dealer.....?

I'd really hope that is something Gibson have taken into consideration, as it would be a real bummer if there were guitars at Guitar Center hanging around on a wall unsold whilst the guys who've paid upfront weeks/months in advance are still waiting and their's is still having its neck glued in place....

Cheers

So.....IF.....thats IF it all comes off and we've all got our guitars in the next week or two theres:

1. Me

2. Superdick2112

3. Differentstrings89

.....up for beer before/during & after the show on the 5th June at Red Rocks, who else wants to join us.........?

The Official ................"BIG AL 355 Owners Club".................

I have tried to remain positive since I placed my order in January, but I must admit I'm getting a little peeved here. I don't understand how the Guitar Center Mega-Corp. rates delivery over the small guys. GC was not accepting customer orders during the time when I placed mine, yet the low serial #s are going to them. Every time I go into my local Guitar Center, they have the same 15 - 20 Gibsons that have been hanging on the wall for the past 6 years. No one will buy these instruments because they have been nicked & dinged to death by inconsiderate kids who play (and f#*k up) everything nice in the store before buying some p.o.s cheapo guitar. Please help support small music stores, or else Guitar Center will run everyone else out of business & we'll have no choice but to shop in their loud, unpleasant stores, deal with their "trained salespeople" and choose from their "vast selection" of new-yet-used merchandise. Sorry guys, just feeling a little frustrated here...

Like I said before, kick in the nuts! If this wasn't big Al's axe, I'd tell Gibson what they could do with it! WANKERS!

Cheers Ladies and Gents! Enjoy those guitars.

p.s. I hope Alex still does a meet and greet in Toronto, just to rub certain people and companies the wrong way. You know who you are!

Alex Lifeson doesn't need you, you need him! I'd like to see how many white/cream ES-355's would be sold if he hadn't used one! EH!

Wow, I have been following this thread with interest as I have had my own Lifeson 355 on order for 2 months, and like everyone here I am anxious and frustrated with the delays....but...I think Gibson is getting a bit of a bum wrap here. I for one do not believe there is an office full of evil-doers at Gibson that is purposely delaying the project or keeping us in the dark. I'm sure noone at Gibson wants ticked-off customers and they are carefully considering what information should be made public vs. kept private for good reasons. For one thing, this is a limited run of a custom-made instrument involving a big artist's endorsement. That tells you right away that a) there are lawyers involved, and :-k they are not just pulling stock instruments off the line, painting them white and calling it a Lifeson 355. That in itself presents challenges to Gibson, if they are to truly do the guitar justice and deliver a fine instrument that we can all cherish for as long as we live, AND comply with whatever agreement they have with Big Al. I don't find several months wait to be extraordinary to wait for such a piece. As for delays in making and shipping the guitars, there could be a number of reasons big and small that can delay such a release, and I don't think it is in Gibson's best interest to simply start opening up to the public every little issue it encounters in trying to get it's products to market. Maybe it's Big Al that is the holdup, are we going to flame-throw at him if that's the case? Delays are not fun, but they happen every day in all types of business, and although it adds to the frustration when we can't know exactly why the delay is occuring, I think at some point you just have to trust that Gibson wants to make and ship the guitars just as badly as we want to have them. As for big box vs. small dealer, unfortunately we all live in a world where you have to pay more attention to your biggest customers wether it's the morally correct thing or not. That's how you survive or fail. I'm not saying Gibson is a perfect company that does everything right and always makes good decisions (do any of us?), but I think they truly want to get these pieces out to us as soon as possible, WITHOUT cutting corners to do so. If I were Gibson and was getting all this flack, I'd think twice about releasing another instrument like this, and I for one am darn glad they did. You want fast, go get one of those off-the-shelf guitars at GC. You want the guitar of your dreams, be nice to the people that made it a reality and have a little patience.

Wow, I have been following this thread with interest as I have had my own Lifeson 355 on order for 2 months, and like everyone here I am anxious and frustrated with the delays....but...I think Gibson is getting a bit of a bum wrap here. I for one do not believe there is an office full of evil-doers at Gibson that is purposely delaying the project or keeping us in the dark. I'm sure noone at Gibson wants ticked-off customers and they are carefully considering what information should be made public vs. kept private for good reasons. For one thing, this is a limited run of a custom-made instrument involving a big artist's endorsement. That tells you right away that a) there are lawyers involved, and :-k they are not just pulling stock instruments off the line, painting them white and calling it a Lifeson 355. That in itself presents challenges to Gibson, if they are to truly do the guitar justice and deliver a fine instrument that we can all cherish for as long as we live, AND comply with whatever agreement they have with Big Al. I don't find several months wait to be extraordinary to wait for such a piece. As for delays in making and shipping the guitars, there could be a number of reasons big and small that can delay such a release, and I don't think it is in Gibson's best interest to simply start opening up to the public every little issue it encounters in trying to get it's products to market. Maybe it's Big Al that is the holdup, are we going to flame-throw at him if that's the case? Delays are not fun, but they happen every day in all types of business, and although it adds to the frustration when we can't know exactly why the delay is occuring, I think at some point you just have to trust that Gibson wants to make and ship the guitars just as badly as we want to have them. As for big box vs. small dealer, unfortunately we all live in a world where you have to pay more attention to your biggest customers wether it's the morally correct thing or not. That's how you survive or fail. I'm not saying Gibson is a perfect company that does everything right and always makes good decisions (do any of us?), but I think they truly want to get these pieces out to us as soon as possible, WITHOUT cutting corners to do so. If I were Gibson and was getting all this flack, I'd think twice about releasing another instrument like this, and I for one am darn glad they did. You want fast, go get one of those off-the-shelf guitars at GC. You want the guitar of your dreams, be nice to the people that made it a reality and have a little patience.

Wow, I have been following this thread with interest as I have had my own Lifeson 355 on order for 2 months, and like everyone here I am anxious and frustrated with the delays....but...I think Gibson is getting a bit of a bum wrap here. I for one do not believe there is an office full of evil-doers at Gibson that is purposely delaying the project or keeping us in the dark. I'm sure noone at Gibson wants ticked-off customers and they are carefully considering what information should be made public vs. kept private for good reasons. For one thing, this is a limited run of a custom-made instrument involving a big artist's endorsement. That tells you right away that a) there are lawyers involved, and :-k they are not just pulling stock instruments off the line, painting them white and calling it a Lifeson 355. That in itself presents challenges to Gibson, if they are to truly do the guitar justice and deliver a fine instrument that we can all cherish for as long as we live, AND comply with whatever agreement they have with Big Al. I don't find several months wait to be extraordinary to wait for such a piece. As for delays in making and shipping the guitars, there could be a number of reasons big and small that can delay such a release, and I don't think it is in Gibson's best interest to simply start opening up to the public every little issue it encounters in trying to get it's products to market. Maybe it's Big Al that is the holdup, are we going to flame-throw at him if that's the case? Delays are not fun, but they happen every day in all types of business, and although it adds to the frustration when we can't know exactly why the delay is occuring, I think at some point you just have to trust that Gibson wants to make and ship the guitars just as badly as we want to have them. As for big box vs. small dealer, unfortunately we all live in a world where you have to pay more attention to your biggest customers wether it's the morally correct thing or not. That's how you survive or fail. I'm not saying Gibson is a perfect company that does everything right and always makes good decisions (do any of us?), but I think they truly want to get these pieces out to us as soon as possible, WITHOUT cutting corners to do so. If I were Gibson and was getting all this flack, I'd think twice about releasing another instrument like this, and I for one am darn glad they did. You want fast, go get one of those off-the-shelf guitars at GC. You want the guitar of your dreams, be nice to the people that made it a reality and have a little patience

Wow' date=' I have been following this thread with interest as I have had my own Lifeson 355 on order for 2 months, and like everyone here I am anxious and frustrated with the delays....but...I think Gibson is getting a bit of a bum wrap here. I for one do not believe there is an office full of evil-doers at Gibson that is purposely delaying the project or keeping us in the dark. I'm sure noone at Gibson wants ticked-off customers and they are carefully considering what information should be made public vs. kept private for good reasons. For one thing, this is a limited run of a custom-made instrument involving a big artist's endorsement. That tells you right away that a) there are lawyers involved, and :-k they are not just pulling stock instruments off the line, painting them white and calling it a Lifeson 355. That in itself presents challenges to Gibson, if they are to truly do the guitar justice and deliver a fine instrument that we can all cherish for as long as we live, AND comply with whatever agreement they have with Big Al. I don't find several months wait to be extraordinary to wait for such a piece. As for delays in making and shipping the guitars, there could be a number of reasons big and small that can delay such a release, and I don't think it is in Gibson's best interest to simply start opening up to the public every little issue it encounters in trying to get it's products to market. Maybe it's Big Al that is the holdup, are we going to flame-throw at him if that's the case? Delays are not fun, but they happen every day in all types of business, and although it adds to the frustration when we can't know exactly why the delay is occuring, I think at some point you just have to trust that Gibson wants to make and ship the guitars just as badly as we want to have them. As for big box vs. small dealer, unfortunately we all live in a world where you have to pay more attention to your biggest customers wether it's the morally correct thing or not. That's how you survive or fail. I'm not saying Gibson is a perfect company that does everything right and always makes good decisions (do any of us?), but I think they truly want to get these pieces out to us as soon as possible, WITHOUT cutting corners to do so. If I were Gibson and was getting all this flack, I'd think twice about releasing another instrument like this, and I for one am darn glad they did. You want fast, go get one of those off-the-shelf guitars at GC. You want the guitar of your dreams, be nice to the people that made it a reality and have a little patience.[/quote']

Lol! Staxman you have no worries about Gibson pulling the plug on the Custom Shop models ,just because a few of us are pissed off ,there's too much money to be made off us suckers who want out guitar hero's axe, or as close as we can have to it.If these sell ,then you watch there will be another model Lifeson maybe a Les Paul with a floyd rose or the SG double neck , if Gibson cared they wouldn't be putting out those shotty newer Les Pauls and charging a mint for em .Otherwise I'd buy from a smaller guitar builder who cares if they get it right ,and not just when you hand over the cash ,but hey I gotta have one this is Alex were talking about here cheers!

Archived