Gibson Brands Forums

LF: LP doublecutaway measurments!

trihugger

Hey! I am new to this forum, and I came here to ask the best my questions. OK! So I am still attending school, and for one of my shop classes I decided I want to copy the style of a double cutaway. Now I am not quite sure about the exact model, but you know what I mean, its not hard (really?) So I just want measurements of double cutaway BODY, i will order a neck online. So! Just to make sure, it was the measurements of the body, and dugouts for the input/electronics. ANY HELP would be so awesome, and appreciated.

you're probably aware of this? You can buy a full set of plans to build a 1959 Les Paul from StewMac for ~$13USD.

That might be a good place to start - i looked on their site and it doesn't look like they have plans for a double-cut but you could make some modification and (maybe) be good to go :-$

Good luck - hopefully you can let us know how it goes via pictures :-

take care

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Books,_plans/Plans/Les_Paul_Plan.html

Not really' date=' one of this forums members, my friend Damien actually, is attending the Musicicians Institute in southern California and he's already built one guitar. It's part of the class curiculum to build an instrument or two. [/quote']

Really? great!

Hey! I am new to this forum' date=' and I came here to ask the best my questions. OK! So I am still attending school, and for one of my shop classes I decided I want to copy the style of a double cutaway. Now I am not quite sure about the exact model, but you know what I mean, its not hard (really?) So I just want measurements of double cutaway BODY, i will order a neck online. So! Just to make sure, it was the measurements of the body, and dugouts for the input/electronics. ANY HELP would be so awesome, and appreciated.[/quote']

Special VOS

Jr. VOS

Not really' date=' one of this forums members, my friend Damien actually, is attending the Musicicians Institute in southern California and he's already built one guitar. It's part of the class curiculum to build an instrument or two. [/quote']

Yeah...I had to make all my templates from scratch...At MI we use fiberboard to make the templates...My second guitar (the one I'm in the middle of making) is a copy of an Ibanez 7 String that I decided to modify a bit to be a little more "me" than what Ibanez makes...I even ordered the decal for the headstock.

Thanks a lot guys! But I was talking to some employees at a local music shop' date=' I think I might take an actual double cutaway and trace it. Good idea? Bad idea? All I would need after that are plans for the electronics.[/quote']

Yeah...That's the other thing I was gonna mention....I'm making a copy of my Ibanez 7 string and I traced the body to make that template.

Archived