Gibson Brands Forums

Bloody Earworms!

Digger

For the last 2 weeks I’ve had this track going constantly in my head!

Now it’s OK but it’s even running through my mind in sleepless hours of a night!

Fortunately I love Led Zepp.

Anyone currently have a similar affliction?

Setting up at a gig recently, the song "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago was coming over the p.a.

How old is that?

I never liked it in the first place but it won't effing leave me now!!

[cursing] [cursing]

And here's something you may remember. I've ever heard another voice like this and I want to put her in my pocket.

Judith was amazing, such a sweet clear voice.

I used to sing that to my Kiwi boss sometimes.

“I know I’ll never find another Ewe”

Kiwis have this reputation with sheep, you know~

I don't mind earworms, unless they are of a song I don't care for. Which does happen from time to time. Sometimes it's difficult to 'change the station' and the old one comes back. Sometimes a few bars of a song will run in a loop, that usually happens until I finally break out of the loop and finish the song or at least the verse/chorus.

If I'm learning a new song, and working on making the backing track for my duo, the recording runs around in my head almost 24/7. But that's a good thing, I guess I'm working on getting all the parts right or at least knowing what I'm changing and where it came from.

Notes

I just got over a bad earworm. Had it for several days and couldn't name it, finish it, or get rid of it.

And only just a couple of bars...

Ya da, Ya da, dot-a, Ya da da da dot.????

Couldn't place it for nothing. Just kept popping in on me every time I wasn't thinking of something else

Then I went to the daughters house. Drinking coffee in the kitchen and trying to have an intelligent conversation but constantly interrupted by #2 grandson playing video game in the next room.

"Ya da, Ya da, dot-a, Ya da da da dot"!!!!

My Worm! Turned out to be background for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wetlands.

I think that one's gone now.

At the hight of their career - they had 200 thousand attend a concert in Melbourne. 1/10th of the entire city's population !!!

Indeed very popular here!

Our current population is about 4.8 million and expected to overtake Sydney in a few years. That will make us the highest population. It’s quite a big city now.

Archived