Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Djhblues

Anyone swapped the Kluson Tuners on the ES Les Paul?

Advice on swapping the tuners on the ES-Les Paul. I was curious if there is a Kluson type locking tuner as a direct replacement? I would actually like the same type of tuner on vintage strat where the string goes down through the post as opposed to through the shaft. Any thoughts, pictures of a swap out would be appreciated. I want these to be a direct replacement and preserver the look of the tuners if possbile.

Thanks in advance

Advice on swapping the tuners on the ES-Les Paul. I was curious if there is a Kluson type locking tuner as a direct replacement? I would actually like the same type of tuner on vintage strat where the string goes down through the post as opposed to through the shaft. Any thoughts, pictures of a swap out would be appreciated. I want these to be a direct replacement and preserver the look of the tuners if possbile.

Thanks in advance

Scroll down and you will see the ones for Gibbys.

http://www.kluson.com/revolution.html

I bought a set of TonePro Kluson “upgrade” tuning pegs to replace the ones on my ES Les Paul but I haven’t swapped them out yet. A lot of people say the TonePro Kusons are better then the Gibson Deluxe ones. The seem smoother without any play in them but I have to see how they are when I put them on. I thought about getting locking ones but like the classic Kluson look and most of the locking ones break the classic look to me.Let us know what you end up with.-Jim