Gibson Brands Forums

Craig Anderton Blog has been updated - more info

elantric

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Blogs/Dark-Fire--The-Inside-Story.aspx

i just may want to save a PDF of this one :

"I knew that at least Steve Conrad [elantric] from the Dark Fire forum would be there, and having corresponded with him about Dark Fire, wanted to meet him in person—this guy has his act together. "

The best thing about the meeting was that it was a chance to talk about the future of Dark Fire and the wish list Steve had compiled, as well as the opportunity to re-connect with those working on the project.

Dark Fire Wish List

MCK, (and Elantric too)

You must be a comedian in real life; your sense of humor is infectious (now picking myself and my DF off the floor...inspecting for damage...all ok...but still trying to recover my breath)! Thank you for your many contributions! (and, most importantly, your extensive study and knowledge). And thank you for yours too, Elantric! I especially enjoyed your links to Craig Anderton's site posted earlier; his work is inspiring and provides a lot to think about, thanks! Best to both of you!

Always glad to serve a purpose in life! As someone wiser than me once said...

When life throws lemons at you ...

1. Take out the seeds.

2. Start a lemon tree farm.

3. Build a lemonade factory.

4. Go public in five years.

5. Then retire on the beach where you can wake-up, go to the beach, laugh and go back to sleep!

Remember, nothing is worth loosing sleep over as long as you have your health & support of your loved ones. Anything and everything can be fixed or built. Some humor along the way helps grease the engine of course so the wear & tear factor is reduced.

Anyways, enough free internet philosophy for today. Keep well.

Well said, MCK,

Three years ago my grandkids (who lived out of state) came to visit and noticed I had a very prolific lemon tree on my lot; we spent half the morning making lemonade and laughing like crazy. Then, we washed down lunch with it; best lemonade I've ever experienced!!! Best to you, too!

Oops; strayed a little off topic! Seriously, for those wondering just what has been done with DF-type technology, perhaps wishing to trigger their imagination as to what can be done with same, I strongly urge you to follow Elantric's link at the top of this page, as well as Craig's pages. Craig Anderton is a pioneer in both analog and digital processing technology; you really owe yourselves the opportunity of reviewing his work! It's a real ear-opener!!! His work well demonstrates the possibilities lurking in the Dark Fire; let your imagination run rampant!

Indeed it was me starting to stray off topic with my sarcastic remark. Sorry about that. Fully agree with you on your remarks though. Fascinating blog. Wish it was updated a little more frequently.

PS. Great to hear of the time you enjoyed with grand kids. Those are priceless times I'm sure.

Remember' date=' nothing is worth loosing sleep over as long as you have your health & support of your loved ones. Anything and everything can be fixed or built. Some humor along the way helps grease the engine of course so the wear & tear factor is reduced. [/quote']

some very wise words !!!

• 2 months later...

Just read the blog and it has some good iformation in it. The one part that states:

Overall, Gibson has done several little fixes — making sure the MCK has the right feel, adjusting the taper of the piezo/magnetic control in the pickup, etc. I’m sure Gibson would have preferred to incorporate these changes from the beginning, but I think the more important point here is that they did what they said they’d do. While it has surely been frustrating for those who placed orders for Dark Fire and have been waiting for months, those who could afford to be patient will be rewarded with a better guitar than was promised originally.

That's excellent news for the people waiting on their new DF and I'm glad the new owners will get a solid instrument........but it concerned me a bit for all current owners.....didn't mention much about them. Possibly all of our current DF's will need to be RMA'd ?

While it has surely been frustrating for those who placed orders for Dark Fire and have been waiting for months, those who could afford to be patient will be rewarded with a better guitar than was promised originally.

well, as far as i remember we were promised the world's most powerful guitar ... the issues that caused the delays and production stops are pure BUGS and a seriously worrying lack of quality control ! so we're not getting 'a better guitar' than we ordered .. we're now hopefully getting what we were promised ... probably with a lower grade topwood ...

so don't u sweet-talk me craig ....:-s

I like it when we go off topic for a bit!!! Plus of course, the grandkids were only laughing when you were collecting lemons because they new that one of them would eventually inherit a Dark Fire!! :-k

On a similar vein, if anybody would like to 'will' theirs to me in the next few months I'd very much appreciate it as my latest estimate for delivery (ordered 5 Dec 08) is August!!

Just kidding of course, I wish the whole DF community health and happiness and hope we all get to experience lots of those treasured moments. I am looking forward to the treasured moment of opening the big package for the first time when it eventually arrives!!!

They have to. If nothing else, our 1 year warranty on the electronics mandate this. Provided the update is released before the end of the year... we should be gold! Ah that reminds me... Wonder if we still keep the original purchase date + 1 year warranty or whether the newly refurbished parts get a new 1 year warranty from the date of the RMA... I think I'm splitting hair here but given that there is not much else to ponder on... Oh well...

Archived