Gibson Brands Forums

M.I.J. Epiphone SG. Beauties

Revolution Six

In your opinion, yes. These guitars are good, but it is nearly impossible to get a hand on one and the price for one is as much as a good Gibson guitar. Why buy a copy if you can get the original for the same price?

And i intend to. I have sought out a Gibson model i really want, which is no longer being sold but is easier to find than the M.I.J Epis.

These guitars are good, but it is nearly impossible to get a hand on one. Might as well pay the price for the Gibson original.

And i intend to. I have sought out a Gibson model i really want, which is no longer being sold but is easier to find than the M.I.J Epis.

Quite.

Another non-post by our revolutionary friend.

- Very good wood

- No veener or foto flame

- Correct bevel, nice headstock

- Correct body design

- Gibson Humbuckers

They are best Epi Gibson copies [thumbup]

If the Epiphone logo is on the headstock they are not copies but Gibson authorized Epiphone production models.

If they say Epiphone on the headstock they are not copies but Gibson authorized Epiphone production models.

Save your breath (or ink, as the case may be), while as logical as that argument might be, he can't grasp the concept. In fact, I'm guessing there are several things he has trouble grasping.

xIxL3fhm.jpg

Save your breath (or ink, as the case may be), while as logical as that argument might be, he can't grasp the concept. In fact, I'm guessing there are several things he has trouble grasping.

xIxL3fhm.jpg

OK OK OK... but one last try..... Gibson owns Epiphone, so Gibson can produce, or have produced, any Gibson design by Epiphone.. Making them authorized production models and not copies.. [biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...

Epi use the same "veneer" process on the V AMMO to hide the wood blocks

Image_temp_4599.JPG

Looks to me like a 5 piece body, so your point being? A flying V should be a one piece if you are gonna be a jerk about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one, years ago! It was actually a very nice guitar, and pretty much "spec'd" correctly, to a '61.

The only thing that I could never get over, was that (for me) it was actually TOO Lite in weight! Felt oddly

unsubstantial, that way. Though, I never really had any other issues, with it. Stayed in tune well, and

played very nicely. Sounded good, too. But, I later sold it, to get my "Satin" finished '61 SG reissue Gibson.

As nice as that MIJ Epi SG was, I've never really regretted selling it, for the first my current ones.

CB

Archived