Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Deal of day Gibson SG Faded

Gibson Artist

I was shopping for my first guitar in January 2003. I had narrowed down my choices to either a faded Gibson Les Paul Special and a faded SG Special (both new). I ended up buying the Les Paul because GC was out of stock of the SGs and couldn't tell me when they would receive any more. I still own it and it's been a great guitar.

In 2002, the initial year of this model, I purchased a new Faded SG with the moon inlays, ebony fretboard, and ABR-1 bridge (all of which were dropped in later versions).

Great guitar - and happily, it's still with me.

In 2002, the initial year of this model, I purchased a new Faded SG with the moon inlays, ebony fretboard, and ABR-1 bridge (all of which were dropped in later versions).

Great guitar - and happily, it's still with me.

That was the coolest one. Didn’t they cost $600 at that time? Now $600 is the “stupid deal”

That was the coolest one. Didn’t they cost $600 at that time? Now $600 is the “stupid deal”

Might be off on this, but I believe it cost me around $550 in 2002. Even at that time, I remember thinking it was a very good deal.

And personally, I just love those moon inlays on the SG. To my eye, they ideally mimic & compliment the curves of the horns. Only modification I've made is to add covers to the humbuckers, and change the switch tip to that vintage orangeish one.

Im lookin at getting an Epi SG in pelham blue,,checked one out at local GC,,really nice axe

Pelham blue? :o I wish i could have chosen that color on my G400 Pro. Sadly, the G400 Pro only comes in black or red. But I hate tremolo bridges. I play exclusively on guitars with no tremolo.

But i will try to get my hands on an Epiphone SG Prophecy Custom GX. For me this is the ultimate Epiphone SG.

Archived