Gibson Brands Forums

What's up with Doly

Homz

Now don't get me wrong. I love Doly Parton , but have you seen her lately? She is on Larry King and with what appears to be a new face lift. I hate it. Of all people who could have grown old with grace she would have been high on my list. It's a shame she feels the need to keep the look. Perhaps the shame is on those that want her to look like she did when she was 25.

Doly I love you for who you are not for an image from the past.

Money...that whats happned. The only reason a person should get plastic surgery if something IS wrong with their face like they have a tumor that coming out of their head thats not cancerous...ya thats a reason to get plastic surgery not to look young...well thats what i think.

I'm inclined to cut her some slack. She's in the entertainment business, mostly on stage, and she wants to look as good as she can for her stage audience. She's well into her 60's now. Plastic surgery like that looks OK from a distance because it takes away things that are characteristic of an aged face.

This same thing is essentially true for Michael Jackson. Sure, encountering him up close would likely startle anyone, but at a distance the shape of his head and face are still appealing. I guess that's what it's all about for entertainers.

Yeah but for some people plastic surgery opens up a whole new world of options....

michael_jackson.jpg

LOLZ... That picture simultaneously makes me laugh and gives me nightmares.

I don't like the plastic surgery trend that has been going on. I'm fine with it as long as it's a small change, but when it changes the whole look of your face, then it's gone too far.

Have you seen Kenny Rogers lately? WTF? Did he sit down in the doctors chair and say, "Make me look like a chimpanzee"? I mean, come on Kenny... if ever there was a country dude who could grow old gracefully it was you.

LOLZ... That picture simultaneously makes me laugh and gives me nightmares.

I don't like the plastic surgery trend that has been going on. I'm fine with it as long as it's a small change' date=' but when it changes the whole look of your face, then it's gone too far.

Have you seen Kenny Rogers lately? WTF? Did he sit down in the doctors chair and say, "Make me look like a chimpanzee"? I mean, come on Kenny... if ever there was a country dude who could grow old gracefully it was you.

[/quote']

kenny-rogers-face-lift.jpg

Archived