Gibson Brands Forums

ANZAC Day!

Digger

It’s the time of year when Australia stops to honour it fallen men & women over a variety of conflicts since 1901. (Boer War)

Principally to honour those lost in WW1 it now extends to all conflicts inc. peace keepers I believe.

In cities and small towns all over the country there are large gatherings of people watching returned men & women march in remembrance of those that no longer can.

It’s our day to give thanks and to remember loved ones and friends that served their country.

In my case that’s my Grandfather, my dad and my Uncle. Friends too!

It's a sad day for me but I’m proud that these fine people cared enough about Australia to fight for it. New Zealanders too.

It’s a country and lifestyle worth defending.

They shall grow not old, As we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, Nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun, And in the morning

We will remember them.

Lest we forget.

All of those innocent people that die for nothing. I hate war and it's always some nutter causing it. When you look at the leaders around the world now, you must wonder how they all got out of the mental hospital. When I read about WW1 and all the millions that died on a him I get angry. But my thoughts go out to your dead and may no more die for nothing.

All of those innocent people that die for nothing. I hate war and it's always some nutter causing it. When you look at the leaders around the world now, you must wonder how they all got out of the mental hospital. When I read about WW1 and all the millions that died on a him I get angry. But my thoughts go out to your dead and may no more die for nothing.

I doubt that anyone hates war more than those that have been involved in one!

Archived