Gibson Brands Forums

Real or Fake?

Brytam

Check out this Craigslist listing: Craigslist Les Paul?

To me, the headstock gives it away. Diamond inlay too small. The guitar overall just doesn't seem right.

What do you think?

00C0C_8Myryj0r7ZP_1200x900.jpg

Are we watching The Monday Night Football Pre-Game Show. Come On Man.

Not even Gibson could put tuners on that crooked.

Nice case.

We will have check with rct if that is indeed a real or fake case.

I just e-mailed the clown and told him he had a nice fake and should be ashamed of himself for trying to sell it.

We will have check with rct if that is indeed a real or fake case.

I just e-mailed the clown and told him he had a nice fake and should be ashamed of himself for trying to sell it.

I emailed him too. No response yet.

I emailed him too. No response yet.

I did and I quote

"Your the 3rd person to claim this, I assure you it’s real. It was purchased from Sam Ash, don’t believe they would risk selling fakes. And the luthier/ set up guy, said it was really a nice Les Paul, and he’s worked on quite a few of them. The serial #’s indicates it’s a Gibson. Besides I would love to hear from Gibson. I probably wont, they have a lot of other problems at the moment." unquote.

That headstock was silly.

I did and I quote

"Your the 3rd person to claim this, I assure you it’s real. It was purchased from Sam Ash, don’t believe they would risk selling fakes. And the luthier/ set up guy, said it was really a nice Les Paul, and he’s worked on quite a few of them. The serial #’s indicates it’s a Gibson. Besides I would love to hear from Gibson. I probably wont, they have a lot of other problems at the moment." unquote.

That headstock was silly.

That's laughable, there are so many things wrong with it and I can only see the pic in this thread. At least it's been removed, hopefully someone didn't get suckered.

That's laughable, there are so many things wrong with it and I can only see the pic in this thread. At least it's been removed, hopefully someone didn't get suckered.

Here is probably his last and final response to me. Quote

"I took it down was tired of all the BS emails. According to Gibson it was built 01/17/2000.

Done!

I don’t need the $ or BS" Unquote

In case anyone cares it was sent from his iphone. Well maybe you should not try to sell a obviously faked Gibson. But the best line of the email was "And the luthier/ set up guy, said it was really a nice Les Paul, and he’s worked on quite a few of them." It's good he doesn't need the money.

Thanks Guys. Glad he took it down too. Hate for somebody to shell out that kinda of $ for something worth nothing close to what they paid.

I wonder if the guy who listed it was suckered into it at some point as well....

Wanted you, the "Experts" to take a look. I thought it pretty obvious, but you removed all doubt...as well as the listing! msp_thumbup.gif

Archived