Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Joe Pass

69Nova

Ok guys so I'm looking at another guitar. I'm looking into the Epi Joe Pass hollowbody. Anyone have experience with these things? All I know is that I want a full hollowbody eletric, I love the way it looks, and I played one a Guitar Center recently for over a half hour cause it was a blast to play.

I found this one at the shop I purchased my Lucille from. I'm gonna send him a email to see if he will cut me a deal.

http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails.aspx?Dealer=72611437-164d-4d5e-a461-c9099438a0b5&Item=2027642

I've known a couple of people that have, or have had, an Epiphone Joe Pass model. From everything I heard, and noticed from playing theirs, they are a very fine instrument for the price.

In fact I'll take a Joe Pass off the rack at my local GC to test drive amps and stuff because it is the closest thing they carry to my L-5. The off the rack ones at GC have also seemed very nice. Bang for the buck, I'd give it a thumbs up.

I own one, and it's a great guitar. It's made out of Laminate, but beside that it has Gibson USA electronics and Les Paul type Pick Up Switching, so you can really blend the pick ups for all the great Jazz Tones. It's certainly a Full Sized Hallow Body, but not the biggest one you'll ever play, it's actually quite comfortable to sit or Stand with. Make no mistake, It's A Jazz Box! You'd have to change the Rosewood Saddle to a Metal Tun-o-Matic if you wanted to do any sort of Rockabilly bite.

In Short, I love it and it's a great Jazz Box for the Non Jazz guy or a Jazz guys Second Box. If you were a serious Jazzer, I'd pick up an All Solid Wood Jazz Box like the L-5, just for bragging rights.

Well I got a email back from the shop. That guitar sold saturday...I'm trying to figure out if I should just go back to GC and look into just buying one brand new. I really do like it alot I just dont know if wanna drop 600 dollars right now on a Epiphone.

I've known a couple of people that have' date=' or have had, an Epiphone Joe Pass model. From everything I heard, and noticed from playing theirs, they are a very fine instrument for the price.

In fact I'll take a Joe Pass off the rack at my local GC to test drive amps and stuff because it is the closest thing they carry to my L-5. The off the rack ones at GC have also seemed very nice. Bang for the buck, I'd give it a thumbs up.[/quote']

I love the Joe Pass - though I have played some good and some bad ones.

But if you want my advice, bring your L-5 with you. You can't test drive amps with a Joe Pass. It's a great guitar, but the JP can't hold a candle around all the firepower of the L-5. Trust me.

Archived