Gibson Brands Forums

I thought this was good

jdgm

Lucky he had the beach, I watched planes in Alaska land on shorter beaches too. There was a small plane here that landed in a small soccer field and the distance was extremely short. A chain link fence stopped him. The plane ran out of gas and the landing strip was just a few blocks away. That was a big moment to see. Wife and I were at a store about a block down from where it happened.

That was a good job. Must've been scarey. With no engine that was a tricky approach from the sea.

I was trying to work out what plane it is. Frence military markings. Pretty sure its a Morane Saulnier. Similar to MS 317 but a smaller body? Pretty plane whatever it is.

Landing on that pebbly surface must have given the pilot an anxious moment. Many congratulations for his skill are in order, methinks.

Thanks for posting, jdgm.

As far as the 'plane is concerned; could it be a Morane Saulnier 230 trainer?......eusa_think.gif......

Pip.

Landing on that pebbly surface must have given the pilot an anxious moment. Many congratulations for his skill are in order, methinks.

Thanks for posting, jdgm.

As far as the 'plane is concerned; could it be a Morane Saulnier 230 trainer?......eusa_think.gif......

Pip.

I do believe that's right! Nice recognition job there.

Archived