Gibson Brands Forums

HNSGPD

sparquelito

(Happy New Stereotypical Guitar Posting Day)

Hi guys, just got in my new Gibson Custom Shop Vintage Heritage NOS Limited Edition '59 FSR Tribute R8, and it's perfect.

I have wanted one my whole life.

I plan on replacing the pups with Burstbuckler Coil-tapping P-90 PAFs, to get more spank out of it.

The stock bridge is now gone, and I replaced it with the 3-saddle bronze alnico depleted-uranium B-bender.

Not sure I like the bone nut, so I'm probably going to tear that out and put in the Graf-Tech Sammy Hagar roller model.

Installed Grovler locking tuners, and it finally stays in tune, and I also replaced the stock strings with Elixir 11's. The G string sounds kind of buzzy to me though.

I'm just a bedroom player, so I rarely turn my Blackstar up past 3, though I am probably going to replace the tubes in that to The G&L Groovy Tubes GT-12AT77 Selects, to get more warmth out of it.

I'm wondering what tone-wood they used for the body, and whether I should sand the back of the neck down to get it feeling less chunky.

Anyway, do you think this may be a fake?

The headstock looks kind of funky to me.

Okay, I'm going to go play Call Of Duty, Infinite Bloodshed now.

'later.

[unsure]

customgd_thumbnail.jpg

Are you sure your amp is a Blackstar? My guess would be Blackhole. [scared] The "clipped ears" of your Custom guitar's peghead may have been cut off by tidal forces through your amp's gravity. [rolleyes]

Just like kidblast this was the first post I read this morning. I was still half asleep and was like WTF, here we go again...... oooh wait, I see what your doing here! Well played sir! Well played!

P.S. Ive heard (from a friend of a friend who almost tried this but didn't) that replacing the neck with a warmouth maple strat neck really brings the vintage tone out of these guitars!

Archived